did you really burn that many calories?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• RichardAshley39
    Options
    HRM if you want to be accurate, I have people of my friend list who consistently burn over 1000 calories several days of the week, they even post pics of the HRM read out on line as proof or to show the achievement they have made, not that they shouldn't be believed. Just shows rules of thumb and all that crap are exactly that, a complete guess. Everyone's different and burn different amounts.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It does seem high, but I do think MFP overestimates calories burnt as my 'big' exercise day is Thursdays where I do around 85 mins in the gym (some cardio, mainly weights), 45 mins body combat and then 60 mins kick boxing. Even though the latter 2 are relatively high intensity, I do not think that I burn over 2000 calories which is what MFP estimates me as doing. But then I just eat as normal and don't eat back exercise calories so it doesn't really make that much difference to me.
  • Tiny_Zg
    Tiny_Zg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Didn't believe but it's true, with walking I burn much more than with let's say...Fitnessblender.

With Leslie Sansone 5 miles fat burning video I burn about 570-590 kcal for 63 minutes :)
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    HRM if you want to be accurate, I have people of my friend list who consistently burn over 1000 calories several days of the week, they even post pics of the HRM read out on line as proof or to show the achievement they have made, not that they shouldn't be believed. Just shows rules of thumb and all that crap are exactly that, a complete guess. Everyone's different and burn different amounts.

I do same, post the HRM readout. (I wear hard chest strap, accurate VO2max, calibrated.)

But...truth be told...I kinda luv'n the kudos from the peeps on my friends list :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: