Replies

• maxxxcore
    maxxxcore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Metalcore fan
  • orangetastical
    orangetastical Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love me some heavy metal! I currently have a 6,000 song library in my phone (not all my music of course) of all sorts of music, from 80's new wave, to napalm death, to britany spears, to corrosion of conformity. I even have 'gasp' a tiny bit o' country in there. My favorite band of all time is System of a down, they can do no wrong (WTF is up with no new music for 12 years?). Also my favorite singers are Michael Poulsen (I could make sweet love to that man's rockabilly voice) and Rob Halford (I mean......do I need to even say?)
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Just done a back workout to The Violent Sleep Of Reason by Meshuggah. A fantastic experience!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm all about folk metal <3 Korpiklaani, Finntroll, etc. etc. Got to interview Alestorm and Turisas for a radio station in college - that was pretty fun!

Yassss
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Love me some heavy metal! I currently have a 6,000 song library in my phone (not all my music of course) of all sorts of music, from 80's new wave, to napalm death, to britany spears, to corrosion of conformity. I even have 'gasp' a tiny bit o' country in there. My favorite band of all time is System of a down, they can do no wrong (WTF is up with no new music for 12 years?). Also my favorite singers are Michael Poulsen (I could make sweet love to that man's rockabilly voice) and Rob Halford (I mean......do I need to even say?)

You might be able to tell by my name my feeling about Volbeat!
  • faerie0506
    faerie0506 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a little bit obsessed with Amon Amarth, Rob Zombie and Alestorm, but I also love lots of other kinds of rock, metal and punk.
  • jhgee20886
    jhgee20886 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Armored Saint is great workout music!
  • Volbeat79
    Options
    Love John Bush era Anthrax.
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Volbeat79 wrote: »
    I much prefer Sammy Hagar to Roth. He was too cheesy for me.

Hated VH after Sammy came along. (with the exception of Why Can't This Be Love). But I really only liked VH 1. Best album ever. Roth got too full of himself and is very cheesy.
  • Volbeat79
    Options

Hated VH after Sammy came along. (with the exception of Why Can't This Be Love). But I really only liked VH 1. Best album ever. Roth got too full of himself and is very cheesy.

It's all personal taste. I prefer Sammy's voice and more serious vibe.
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Absolutely, man. And I said "hate" which is probably a bit strong. DLR is a tool, no doubt. But my first exposure to VH was back when that first album was released, and I think that has a lot to do with it.
  • Volbeat79
    Options

Absolutely, man. And I said "hate" which is probably a bit strong. DLR is a tool, no doubt. But my first exposure to VH was back when that first album was released, and I think that has a lot to do with it.

I definitely think Roth is very talented, and I actually like Van Halen with him. If I had to choose one, it would be Hagar.
  • ericaknight1995
    ericaknight1995 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The band Septicflesh makes for terrific workout music, in my opinion. In case anybody was interested.
  • rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ronnie Dio
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden
    Zeppelin
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    More into prog metal/rock now like tool or porcupine tree. But always up for old school thrash metal, death metal, melodic death
  • MarkSBarber
    MarkSBarber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me! Going to GnR in Buffalo tomorrow, anyone else going?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    me 80's and 90's I love all the old metal bands

if there's any metallica fans they are live streaming tomorrow night

http://webcast.livemetallica.com/
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jimi Hendrix.

.... everybody else is tryin' to keep up.

• crmzn
    crmzn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pantera, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motörhead, WASP......I could go on and on.....