Moving away from weight watchers - anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just left WW. I was constantly exhausted, and really struggled with guilt going over my points, but I was so hungry. Most of my diet is protein and natural fat, and with weight watchers I couldn't just cut back on my fat intake without drastically reducing my calories. Back to counting calories and sooo much happier.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I did WW in the early 1970s, the late 1980s, and the mid 2000s. Each time, it worked. Each time I learned some good things from it. Each time, I eventually grew tired of it and quit. This urge to quit grew really strong when they started to repeat themes for the meetings -- which eventually does happen.

MFP is a really active community. You can find a lot of support here.
  • amiller8399
    amiller8399 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm here... just stepped away from WW... which I lost 20, gained back 8, loved my group, but can't afford it and found my attitude plateauing as much as my weight. My sisters are doing MFP and Weightix Macro challenges. They have done really well, but my self esteem has taken a big hit and I'm trying to recapture my drive to do this... I am hoping MFP will help. Good to know I'm not alone. Thx!
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also used to do WW, but after they switched to smart points, I quit. I couldn't get used to the new system and in my opinion it offered less flexibility. So now I'm here and hoping that in combination with using the fitbit, I can lose many more kilos.
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been at lifetime with WW for 9 yrs (this time around) but finding it harder to stick with it. Came back to MFP because I was consuming too many ZERO point fruits and low point foods. Calories do matter I dont care what they say. I will keep going because I dont have to pay the weekly fee and to see my friends but this is a real eye opener to the amount of fruit SUGARS I was consuming on a daily basis. Also for the past 2 yrs their app has been horribly slow and so hard to use. Much happier here.
  • janec0362
    janec0362 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on WW and doing really well, but I hate the new freestyle program. How much chicken and eggs can you eat? Why change what was working? I am looking for a replacement program that is easy to track and provides more info and options for eating. I am hoping this is it.
  • DebiMason2015
    DebiMason2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Greetings! I have been on Weight Watchers on line only for 1 year and have lost 25 pounds - my husband 30 pounds. I am thinking of leaving Weight Watchers January 2018 and doing MFP only - because MFP gives me all the other macro info - exact calorie info - plus I think Weight Watchers Freestyle just allows me way too much food! I am really hoping to bust through this plateau with MFP!