Hard Boiled Egg Diets

:) The Hard Boiled Egg Diet may be boring, but its very successful. Plus, you can do a ton of food preparations with the hard boiled egg. Pop out the center, and then you can fill the holes with other food items, to perk up the taste. Plus, it's the egg yolk that has all the fat in the hard boiled egg, not the eggshell aka "whites".

Cost. This is one of the cheapest diets around, with proven results. Cost is one reason people quit other commercial diet programs, it starts to become too expensive with minimal results. If it's expensive, its hard to maintain long term.

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Yes it is cost not the monotony of eating eggs and not foods you like that you can eat within your calorie. lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    yeah, no. I prefer the eat the foods I enjoy at a calorie deficit diet. Works great.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Eggs are my favorite food, scrambled though, with some bacon thrown in occasionally. Maybe some salsa. But I don't love them enough to JUST eat eggs. OP you can eat whatever you'd like, and still lose weight. As long as you are in a calorie deficit. Don't fall for the woo.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    I see you are 59 years old. Please consult a doctor before going on any strict diet with limited foods. Such a diet could cut out vital nutrients. No vitamin C, niacin, vit K, but most important NO FIBER.
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    My mother did that diet in the 1980s and started having major heart palpitations 3 days in. No thank you.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    MidModJenn wrote: »
    My mother did that diet in the 1980s and started having major heart palpitations 3 days in. No thank you.

Could have been that eggs have very little magnesium and potassium. Minerals essential for good heart health. Extremely dangerous to go on "one food diets".
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Wait, is this person suggesting that we eat eggs and NOTHING BUT eggs?!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Losing weight just fine eating different food while staying in a calorie deficit.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Give me all the egg yolks. Lost 15 lbs so far eating whole eggs. And... other things.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Diets are ok, Lifestyle changes are better and more permanent ;)
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 597 Member
    I love eggs so much I eat 2-6 (whole) eggs every single day, but I like a lot of other foods too and would hate to limit my diet in any way. I find ( and I think most people here would agree) that eating a wide variety of foods in moderate amounts works just fine for health and weight loss.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could cope with the farts, let alone the utter tedium...

apparently the egg yolks cause the farts. No yolks, no problem!
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 597 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could cope with the farts, let alone the utter tedium...

apparently the egg yolks cause the farts. No yolks, no problem!

I've read the "eggs cause gas" thing in other threads, but it's not something I've ever experienced. I didn't even know it was a thing until a thread about eggs a few months ago.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    :) The Hard Boiled Egg Diet may be boring, but its very successful. Plus, you can do a ton of food preparations with the hard boiled egg. Pop out the center, and then you can fill the holes with other food items, to perk up the taste. Plus, it's the egg yolk that has all the fat in the hard boiled egg, not the eggshell aka "whites".

Cost. This is one of the cheapest diets around, with proven results. Cost is one reason people quit other commercial diet programs, it starts to become too expensive with minimal results. If it's expensive, its hard to maintain long term.

Why do you not want to eat the yolk? Fat is not to be avoided. Fat does not make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.

I eat boiled egg whites, not the yolk because I might have 2-4 in a day and that would go over my cholesterol. That's why I do it. but I don't just eat only eggs.