Hard Boiled Egg Diets

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Enter: Google.

The Boiled Egg Diet – Lose 24 Pounds In Just 2 Weeks!!

1st week:

*Monday*

Breakfast: two boiled eggs and fruit
    Lunch: two slices of meal bread and fruit
    Dinner: cooked chicken and salad

*Tuesday*

Lunch: cooked chicken and green salad
    Dinner: orange, salad and two boiled eggs

*Wednesday*

Lunch: one tomato, one slice of meal bread and low fat cheese
    Dinner: cooked chicken and salad

etc. etc.

I literally just clicked on the first Google search result.
    It doesn't sound... bad? I mean, it sounds pretty tasty but also SUPER low cal. I don't think that eggs have some miraculous way of making you lose 12 pounds/week. There's not much room for salt on there, so you're probably just losing a ton of water weight. This sounds more like a Whole 30 diet with a REALLY high calorie deficit. This makes me hungry just thinking about how hungry I'd be!

I'm not sure what the point of calling it the hard boiled egg diet is, when there's chicken involved. Maybe the point is to have several hard boiled eggs every day.

OP, I'm not trying to tear you down, just giving the other folks on here something more concrete to work with. Let me know if this is not the diet you had in mind.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    And the OP has left the building
  • aeloine
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could cope with the farts, let alone the utter tedium...

apparently the egg yolks cause the farts. No yolks, no problem!

I've read the "eggs cause gas" thing in other threads, but it's not something I've ever experienced. I didn't even know it was a thing until a thread about eggs a few months ago.

OH MY GAWD are the egg farts a thing! I love a good hard boiled egg in my salad but don't come near me after lunch!
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Thanks for Googling that for me, @aeloine , I didn't have the nerve.

So this is a boring but not horrible meal plan. Maybe useful for people who have literally no idea what or how to eat.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited July 2017
    jemhh wrote: »
    :) The Hard Boiled Egg Diet may be boring, but its very successful. Plus, you can do a ton of food preparations with the hard boiled egg. Pop out the center, and then you can fill the holes with other food items, to perk up the taste. Plus, it's the egg yolk that has all the fat in the hard boiled egg, not the eggshell aka "whites".

Cost. This is one of the cheapest diets around, with proven results. Cost is one reason people quit other commercial diet programs, it starts to become too expensive with minimal results. If it's expensive, its hard to maintain long term.

Why do you not want to eat the yolk? Fat is not to be avoided. Fat does not make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.

And isn't the yolk where the iron is? I know eggs actually have less iron than I thought (just 5% of the RDA), but why deprive yourself when you're already falling short on other micros?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Boiled egg whites plus whatever might taste good that can fit in the center, and you are wasting the yolk. How healthy it is depends on what you put in the center, as does whether it works for weight loss or not (that and how much you are eating).

Just egg whites is a good source of protein, but not much else, plus boring. Also, wasting the yolks would make me sad -- I could never do a diet designed around wasting perfectly good food.
  • aeloine
    jemhh wrote: »
    :) The Hard Boiled Egg Diet may be boring, but its very successful. Plus, you can do a ton of food preparations with the hard boiled egg. Pop out the center, and then you can fill the holes with other food items, to perk up the taste. Plus, it's the egg yolk that has all the fat in the hard boiled egg, not the eggshell aka "whites".

Cost. This is one of the cheapest diets around, with proven results. Cost is one reason people quit other commercial diet programs, it starts to become too expensive with minimal results. If it's expensive, its hard to maintain long term.

Why do you not want to eat the yolk? Fat is not to be avoided. Fat does not make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.

And isn't the yolk where the iron is? I know eggs actually have less iron than I thought (just 5% of the RDA), but why deprive yourself when you're already falling short on other micros?

Because farts.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could cope with the farts, let alone the utter tedium...

apparently the egg yolks cause the farts. No yolks, no problem!

I've read the "eggs cause gas" thing in other threads, but it's not something I've ever experienced. I didn't even know it was a thing until a thread about eggs a few months ago.

Yeah, not an issue here either. I eat 2-4 per day. When I don't have eggs for breakfast I tell my husband that I am in an egg deficit and need one as a snack :grin:
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Boiled egg whites plus whatever might taste good that can fit in the center, and you are wasting the yolk. How healthy it is depends on what you put in the center, as does whether it works for weight loss or not (that and how much you are eating).

Just egg whites is a good source of protein, but not much else, plus boring. Also, wasting the yolks would make me sad -- I could never do a diet designed around wasting perfectly good food.

Same. Gimme all the yolks!
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    @aeloine She's right - from googling egg yolk farts
    “With an egg intolerance, the undigested components of the egg enter your colon, and bacteria form around them, which can lead to gas. ... “The sulfur content of the eggs enhanced the odor of the gas caused by another food, making your gas more noticeable.

So combine the eggs with some brussell sprouts and you've got a party.

I love a warm Brussels sprouts salad that has hard boiled eggs in it and...yeah, it's funkytown afterwards, lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    except you get the stinkies?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You're yolking right?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    @aeloine She's right - from googling egg yolk farts
    “With an egg intolerance, the undigested components of the egg enter your colon, and bacteria form around them, which can lead to gas. ... “The sulfur content of the eggs enhanced the odor of the gas caused by another food, making your gas more noticeable.

So combine the eggs with some brussell sprouts and you've got a party.

or a WWII gas chamber....
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member

And like half the protein and all the rest of the nutrients. Seems really silly to throw away the part of the egg that has all the good stuff in it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    I'm glad I can afford to lose weight without living on hard boiled eggs. What happens when you lose the weight and start eating not hard boiled eggs? This is just another fad diet that you lose weight on because you are eating less calories than you burn, but the arbitrary rules make it seem like something special.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Is this a long term plan?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    You're yolking right?

Eggscellent! My favorite part of these threads are the puns. They crack me up.