Keto Challenge

Options
kayhickey2003
kayhickey2003 Posts: 20 Member
Anyone started on the Keto diet. Today is my day 4 I would love to hear your experience!

Replies

• k3toqu33n
    k3toqu33n Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 and I have lost 9 lbs. I love it. It is a little confusing at first but once you find the correct information you will be just fine.
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    I felt day 1 and 2 where terrible but day 3 and now day 4 it feels better. My energy is great and lost 3.4 pounds.
  • k3toqu33n
    k3toqu33n Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Yeah it will get easier as long as you keep up with your macros. I personally focus on protein and then fat but that's just me.
  • bigoaks76
    bigoaks76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto for about 4 months and am down 40 pounds. I started at 320, so there's a long way to go, but I truly hope this can be a lifelong change for me. I like to cook, and there are a ton of great recipes that make it really easy to stay on track. I just recently started carb cycling 1-2 times per month and am interested to see how that goes. Good luck!
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    I'm happy to hear people sticking with keto long term. It's quite an adjustment. Since I'm trying to lose weight not sure if I should focus on calorie total or more the macros. Right now I am paying more attention to my macros. I do Crossfit in the morning which is always a crazy challenging workout and do cardio or heavy weights in the evening. One thing I miss are vegetables. I had already been doing the paleo diet for months so cutting the simple carbs is not a challenge but sure miss my veggie smoothie in the morning.
  • dfurze66
    dfurze66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of Keto. Down 3.8lbs. Was happy to see those results as I'm struggling to hit my protein goal.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    on Day 5. I've been losing about 1lb per day or a lil more. I think I'm gonna switch my percentages from losing weight to maintaining for fear of losing muscle, but it sure is nice seeing my BF percentage drop on the scale a whopping 2% this week
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 or 6. I have not been weighing myself. I guess I should. I am feeling pretty good. I need to loose about 30 lbs.
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've been researching it and considering it. It's a lot of information to take in and I wanna make sure I'm doing it right before I start
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    dfurze66 wrote: »
    I'm on day 5 of Keto. Down 3.8lbs. Was happy to see those results as I'm struggling to hit my protein goal.

Awesome job!!!
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    @ariel_11161 Keto is a lot I definitely did my research to start. I watched a lot of videos amd read some studies. One suggestion it to meal plan, and stick to the basics. If you get fancy with ingredients it can drive you crazy counting your macros. At least, I went crazy and that is why I decided to join this App. I was writing everything down and it was just hard and a bit obsessive. We all have different bodies so we will lose weight different, but I have honestly been trying very hard in the past 4 months and Keto is what really is working for me.
  • gup853
    gup853 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1- not too hard to do (cooking & planning), I just stuck with simple meals to keep it easy for the first couple of days. I'm trying it for 3 weeks with my mom, hope I can stick with it, I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs to start & the three weeks should help motivate me.
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have been off and on for a while between new job, and still learning i had a rough start almost a month no cheats, almost not even tempted. my mother in law is sorta force keto due to health but she will still have lower carb yogurts here and there as a compromised . hubby is starting to transition too now. i recommend learning as much as you can before and make sure you get your supplements in that is part of why i kept having issues. there are some days i will take a few chunks of salt and take them like a pill. my weight this past month went up a couple pounds but i have lost inches and people have asked if i have lost weight. took mtc oil for the first time(start it slow or it can cause tummy issues) and wow energy went up.
  • omwdreamer
    omwdreamer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 now. My mom is doing it with me too. Still forcing my brain to accept the fact that I am eating fat purposefully! Our Rocket Fuel in the am has been great. Took some getting used to. It's like Bulletproof Coffee but without the butter. I have a weakness for sugar and sweet lattes and diet soda. I can't believe I have made it 5 days without any of it!!!!

I haven't weighed myself. My goal is to lose about 40. I'm going to weigh in on Tuesday am. I'm just super proud of my mom and I for sticking to it and incorporating it as a lifestyle. Loving it so far! Good luck!!

I'm looking for Keto buddies so we can cheer eachother on
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday so after 4 days, this morning I was down 3.5. I've had a stressful week and tomorrow I'm getting together with some gal friends for food and (
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    I don't know why parts of my posts keep disappearing!

My last post should have ended with "drinks."
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    hmgarcia83 wrote: »
    i have been off and on for a while between new job, and still learning i had a rough start almost a month no cheats, almost not even tempted. my mother in law is sorta force keto due to health but she will still have lower carb yogurts here and there as a compromised . hubby is starting to transition too now. i recommend learning as much as you can before and make sure you get your supplements in that is part of why i kept having issues. there are some days i will take a few chunks of salt and take them like a pill. my weight this past month went up a couple pounds but i have lost inches and people have asked if i have lost weight. took mtc oil for the first time(start it slow or it can cause tummy issues) and wow energy went up.

Thanks for your post I was wondering about MTC oil is there a specific brand that you prefer?
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    So after 5 days of strict Keto Friday nights are usually the days that I enjoy a meal and drinks. I tried to stay as close to Keto as possible. I had fatty seafood and yes I endulged into frozen yogurt. It's okay for cheat meals one meal can't change all the progress you have made. The only problem I'm not sure how this can affect getting into Ketosis? What I'm doing today is back to counting macros, working out, and heading to the beach. Anybody have cheat days??
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    I'm having my cheat today. I'm sort of nervous after losing 4.5# in my first 5 days! I'm taking 2 keto friendly dishes and the hostess is diabetic so that should be good. Alcohol consumption might be a problem.
  • gcwfrazier
    gcwfrazier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keto has been my WOL since May 22nd 2017, I'm down 25lbs.