In third week of keto
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's the most easiest of all diets to follow
  • gla88
    gla88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm about to start the diet tomorrow, I have 4 weeks until my holiday and want a good result before I go so I feel better about my body and when I get back will be more likely to get back on track. I lost 2 stones on Lighter Life which is is similar so know it works, but doing it myself this time. What tips and trackers would you guys recommend using? Thanks
  • chrissylouise77
    chrissylouise77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started keto on November 28, 2016 and have lost 25 pounds!

Started at 196 and down to 171 since then. I want to lose 10 to 15 more pounds. I love this WOE!
  • kayhickey2003
    kayhickey2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @gla88 the tips I used is to keep meals simple. Meal prepping is essential! It's better to wake up everyday knowing exactly what your going to eat versus prepping as you go. It helps me not over eat and stay on track. As far as trackers I think this app is great. Customize your macros and you know exactly where you are at all times.
  • KatieGirlie12
    KatieGirlie12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting today. Have been doing it off and on but do believe planning and preparation is key. That is my struggle
  • gla88
    Options
    Thanks, I have just been out to buy the groceries I need and going to plan out some easy meals as I'm not really into cooking. Had to close my eyes while walking down the bread/cake aisle lol.,
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    Due to a party Saturday, I am down 2# this week - my first. I was down 4.5 as of Saturday morning. Everything there was Keto and I really didn't overeat so I think it must have been the glass of Long Island Iced Tea. My diabetic friend even made sugar free sweet and sour mixer. It was delish but I probably won't do that again for awhile!
  • gla88
    Options
    Day 1 and although I'm still trying to get my head around it, I have found it easy, and not been hungry although got that ..what shall i have for dessert feeling since eating dinner. Any suggestions for a keto treaty thing for week 1 that would give me the fix?
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    @gla88 I made zucchini bread with walnuts with almond flour it's very low on carbs high on protein.
  • gla88
    Options
    Thanks Kay, I don't like nuts but guess I could put some seeds in there instead? I think coffee with a dash of cream is going to be my lifesaver to start with.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Today I hit the 60 pound loss mark. I've been ketoing just over 2.5 months since May 7th. My wife started doing it now on Saturday.
  • kayhickey2003
    Options
    @FireTurtle75 -- Amazing job!!! :smiley:
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    @FireTurtle75 -- Amazing job!!! :smiley:

Thanks!
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    Recovering fromSaturday's party gain. Down 2# from yesterday

Total loss since 7/17 4#
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    Fixed Spam for dinner last night. Sliced thin, cooked crisp, it was salty a tasted so good. Then drank about 3 quarts of water before going to bed! I'm up a pound but bet that and more is gone tomorrow.
  • Sassy_mama
    Sassy_mama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and I commend you all for taking on the Keto way of life...my husband and I started on 1 July determined to lose weight once again and hoping this would not be another failed attempt. I am sooo thrilled that this is actually working. We started with simple meals and now I am working up to trying new Keto recipes...some are great and some not so much but the fact that we are losing makes it all worth it. Have any of you found that since starting this way of eating that you're not as hungry as you were before? We thought it odd at first but we realized it must be because we not eating empty calories anymore...well keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • Nyams50
    Nyams50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im starting my keto diet tomorrow. ☺️. Cant wait.
  • mandaeve4
    mandaeve4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday and am finally in Ketosis (per my test strip), I am down about 4lbs, but my body fat % hasn't moved. I am finding it difficult to meet my fat percentage goal, I always over do it on my protein for some reason. Has any one taken any supplements while on the Keto diet?