Anyone else into punk rock?

Options

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Old School Brit Punk here... Sex Pistols, The Clash, Buzzcocks, Stranglers,X Ray Spex, Vibrators, 999, The Damned,Stiff Little Fingers, Slaughter & the Dogs...the list is endless

Absolutely. Add L-7 to that list.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    My favorites are older punk bands. The Clash and Dead Kennedys. Yessssss. The apex of punk.

Swingin Utters I always enjoyed. Guttermouth. WIZO. I don't think I even have to say Flogging Molly. I mean, that's just assumed right?
    I forgot about WIZO!! Those guys are incredible!! I haven't listened to them in ages..
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Chicago's lineup

FRIDAY, SEP 13
    Fall Out Boy Sublime with Rome Joan Jett & the Blackhearts Bad Religion Atmosphere Yellowcard Screeching Weasel Andrew W.K. GWAR Hatebreed Smoking Popes Dessa Saul Williams The Flatliners Masked Intruder Flatfoot 56 Environmental Encroachment
    SATURDAY, SEP 14
    Blink-182 Violent Femmes Rancid Blondie Public Enemy Taking Back Sunday Flag Guided By Voices Dinosaur Jr. X DeVotchka Pennywise Best Coast The Lawrence Arms Glassjaw The Devil Wears Prada Say Anything Surfer Blood The Dear Hunter The Selecter T.S.O.L. Stars Empires Mephiskapheles Kitten New Beat Fund The Interrupters Radkey Environmental Encroachment
    SUNDAY, SEP 15
    The Replacements Pixies AFI Brand New All Time Low Pierce the Veil Rocket From The Crypt The Dismemberment Plan Bob Mould Against Me! The Broadways Suicidal Tendencies Quicksand The Lillingtons Saves the Day Mission of Burma Maps & Atlases Peter Hook & The Light Bad Books Bayside
    Sq_90
    Reggie and the Full Effect
    382 people like this
    Add to Line-up
    Reggie and the Full EffectReggie and the Full Effect The Wonder Years Memphis May Fire Chuck Ragan Off With Their Heads Touche Amore Twin Peaks Deal's Gone Bad Peelander-Z White Mystery Direct Hit! Pet Symmetry Hostage Calm
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I was.

Back in the UK

In the late 1970's
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Absolutely. Add L-7 to that list.
    They're pretty amazing too & the Slits.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Sum 41, NoFX, Green Day (I know, I know, but their songs are catchy and fun so I listen to them when I'm in a good mood.)
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Chicago's lineup

FRIDAY, SEP 13
    Fall Out Boy Sublime with Rome Joan Jett & the Blackhearts Bad Religion Atmosphere Yellowcard Screeching Weasel Andrew W.K. GWAR Hatebreed Smoking Popes Dessa Saul Williams The Flatliners Masked Intruder Flatfoot 56 Environmental Encroachment
    SATURDAY, SEP 14
    Blink-182 Violent Femmes Rancid Blondie Public Enemy Taking Back Sunday Flag Guided By Voices Dinosaur Jr. X DeVotchka Pennywise Best Coast The Lawrence Arms Glassjaw The Devil Wears Prada Say Anything Surfer Blood The Dear Hunter The Selecter T.S.O.L. Stars Empires Mephiskapheles Kitten New Beat Fund The Interrupters Radkey Environmental Encroachment
    SUNDAY, SEP 15
    The Replacements Pixies AFI Brand New All Time Low Pierce the Veil Rocket From The Crypt The Dismemberment Plan Bob Mould Against Me! The Broadways Suicidal Tendencies Quicksand The Lillingtons Saves the Day Mission of Burma Maps & Atlases Peter Hook & The Light Bad Books Bayside
    Sq_90
    Reggie and the Full Effect
    382 people like this
    Add to Line-up
    Reggie and the Full EffectReggie and the Full Effect The Wonder Years Memphis May Fire Chuck Ragan Off With Their Heads Touche Amore Twin Peaks Deal's Gone Bad Peelander-Z White Mystery Direct Hit! Pet Symmetry Hostage Calm
    I thought the Pixies broke up recently!
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Sum 41, NoFX, Green Day (I know, I know, but their songs are catchy and fun so I listen to them when I'm in a good mood.)
    I actually really like Green Day too, haha.
  • orangebuttercat
    Options
    i think kim deal left...not the whole band
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    i think kim deal left...not the whole band
    Oh, that's sad. She is amazing..
  • orangebuttercat
    Options
    agreed
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Ooh, the Lillingtons are playing too! I love those guys.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am happy this thread was created. Now I'm drinking wine and listening to punk. :laugh:
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    I am happy this thread was created. Now I'm drinking wine and listening to punk. :laugh:
    Haha, nice!!
  • StMichaelsMount
    StMichaelsMount Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, though I go back to the original Sex Pistols, Clash, The Damned, Motorhead, Dead Kennedy's....

I lived in London, England in the late 70's so it was an interesting time.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Absolutely, though I go back to the original Sex Pistols, Clash, The Damned, Motorhead, Dead Kennedy's....

I lived in London, England in the late 70's so it was an interesting time.
    Oh, wicked! That must have been crazy, haha.
  • orangebuttercat
    Options
    motorhead and bad brains were supposed to play the fest but cancelled.
    booo
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    yes original late 70's , bands seen included Siouxsie and the banshees, Damned, Cure,
    also New Wave ,ska etc........
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Another one of my most favorites is Crass. My friends give me a hard time about liking them but I think they are freaking brilliant!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    uhm . . . **** yes.

rancid
    the adolescents
    operation ivy
    rise against
    the clash
    dead Kennedy's

they're all on my ipod at the moment.