Anyone else into punk rock?

Options

Replies

• BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yes original late 70's , bands seen included Siouxsie and the banshees, Damned, Cure,
    also New Wave ,ska etc........
    I'm really into ska & new wave too! ..and also psychobilly & 50's doo wop.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    uhm . . . **** yes.

rancid
    the adolescents
    operation ivy
    rise against
    the clash
    dead Kennedy's

they're all on my ipod at the moment.
    Adolescents & Op Ivy! So good!!
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    yes original late 70's , bands seen included Siouxsie and the banshees, Damned, Cure,
    Nekromantix?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    RANCID!!! I haven't listened to them in like 12 years!!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Sum 41, NoFX, Green Day (I know, I know, but their songs are catchy and fun so I listen to them when I'm in a good mood.)
    I actually really like Green Day too, haha.

HaHa I loved Sum 41 when they 1st came out. Cone was my favorite. Then again I'm a 90's early 2000's punk chick. Ypu can never go wrong with green day either
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Nekromantix?
    Yes!! I really like the Matadors too & Creepshow, back when Hellcat was in the band. Oh & Koffin Kats.
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The Descendents have been a blast the last couple years
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    yes!!!! Rise Against is one of my favorites.ROCK ON!!!!
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    I saw them a few years back. I used to be way more into them when I was younger. Still good but I prefer Lars Frederiksen & the *kitten* over Rancid now.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    The Descendents have been a blast the last couple years
    Yes! They are so good!
  • whierd
    Options
    I saw them a few years back. I used to be way more into them when I was younger. Still good but I prefer Lars Frederiksen & the *kitten* over Rancid now.

My opinion is: "Why choose when you can have both?" :bigsmile:
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options

Haha, that is a good way to look at it! I actually made a rancid & Lars split album a while back.
  • whierd
    Options

Haha, that is a good way to look at it! I actually made a rancid & Lars split album a while back.

*brofist*
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I think Bad Religion is my all time favorite. Probably because of Nostalgic reasons.

Me too.

I love Punk, some pop punk (but I don't actually consider it punk) and really am into the hardcore scene that came out of the Punk scene.

Love the Descendants, Dead Kennedy's , Circle Jerks, The Germs, Rich Kids on LSD, Bad Brans, Minor Threat, No Use for a Name, Dead Milkmen, early Social D, TSOL, The Casualties, Fugazi, Misfits (but only when Danzig was in it), The Addicts, Rites of Spring, Jets to Brazil, Agnostic Front...

and yeah. I will stop there. lol
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    I think Bad Religion is my all time favorite. Probably because of Nostalgic reasons.

Me too.

I love Punk, some pop punk (but I don't actually consider it punk) and really am into the hardcore scene that came out of the Punk scene.

Love the Descendants, Dead Kennedy's , Circle Jerks, The Germs, Rich Kids on LSD, Bad Brans, Minor Threat, No Use for a Name, Dead Milkmen, early Social D, TSOL, The Casualties, Fugazi, Misfits (but only when Danzig was in it), The Addicts, Rites of Spring, Jets to Brazil, Agnostic Front...

and yeah. I will stop there. lol
    Awesome list! Dead Milkmen is one of my all time favorites too.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Nekromantix?
    Their new drummer is incredible. Saw them live last year and was blown away.
  • summertimesadnessx
    Options
    The Distillers <3
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hell to the yes! I was actually just listening to Agent Orange in the car. I got into more punk bands after being into ska in high school. I got to hang out with Mad Caddies one time. That was crazy cool. I'm glad Gogol Bordello's got some love on this site! J.U.F. is in my workout playlist. I love all kinds of music. Rap, classical, indie, pop, techno, funk. But I think I'll always have a special place in my heart for punk rock and ska since it was such a huge part of my high school existence.

Oh and it might not be punk, but it sounds like this is a crowd that might appreciate it. My husband just surprised me with Adam Ant and Alestorm tickets for this fall! I'm so unbelievably excited!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Rise Against (A lot lately...), The Offspring (older stuff more so), Pennywise, NOFX, Bad Religion
  • ChadThorson
    Options
    The Ramones are my all time favorite band!

Then the Real Kids, Generation X, Buzzcocks, Undertones, The Damned, The Misfits.

I played guitar in a ska/punk band, but I got kind of tired of ska. Played with some great bands though like The Blue Meanies, Slapstick, MU330, Animal Chin ...