Dr.OZ Total 10 as a guideline not the rule

Options
124»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    mrosner87 wrote: »
    I had 4 oz. Of chicken. Creamed spinach and Brussels sprouts for lunch. Yet sitting here at my desk 2 hours later and I feel hungry again. Sugar snap peas and low fat yogurt or plain almonds or even Quaker steel cut oats are my options available. What would you choose?

Me? Almonds don't fill me up so that's out. I dislike the taste of low fat yogurt so I'm not going to waste my calories on something I dislike. Out of these choices I would go for the oats because I like them.

See what I did? I went through the choices and picked the one that is most appealing to me, which also happens to be filling in my case. That was MY choice, and everyone's would be different because people feel full and like different foods. When you need to make a choice go for what fills you up the most if hungry and for what you would enjoy the most if not too hungry, if what you enjoy the most also happens to be the most filling then there's a jackpot (may not not always be possible). You are stressing too much about food. This can wear you out. No wonder it takes a toll and doesn't stick. Things don't need to be complicated and not every detail needs to be managed. I just eat what enjoy eating within my calories and make general choices that don't leave me hungry all day every day. That's all there is to it for me. I have several situation-specific tricks and strategies that I learned work for me, but other than that my diet is pretty light on rules.