Keto

Options
I started Keto , are you doing Keto?

Replies

• 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yes, i did a trial run and started-in full force on saturday 22nd. today is day 3 for me.
    i had 2 g/net carbs on day 1
    and 6 g/net carbs yesterday. i am starting with a 12 day fast of <1O g/net carbs/day. you can friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few years, although I don't log anymore.

Try the Low Carber Daily for more keto'ers. There is also a MFP keto group.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yes I am I am in third week. I must say it's the hardest and most easiest diet to follow once you get used to it.
  • dougjarvis3827
    dougjarvis3827 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ISO meals to keep me in ketosis
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto since April 2022 largely to deal with blood sugar issues since I was losing weight just fine cutting calories. The unforeseen benefit for me was how within a week or so of starting Keto my blood pressure went way down and my joint aches reduced to the point I could do things that before would leave me in pain the following day.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto since April 2022 largely to deal with blood sugar issues since I was losing weight just fine cutting calories. The unforeseen benefit for me was how within a week or so of starting Keto my blood pressure went way down and my joint aches reduced to the point I could do things that before would leave me in pain the following day.

It is first and foremost a therapeutic diet to treat many metabolic and neurological disorders which do include blood pressure, and the joint pain is one I can contest to as well which is well documented to either lessen or totally ameliorate. Actually when I went carnivore for 60 days the last of my joint pain in my hands went away, antidotal yes but again a very common occurrence. Also dealing with insulin resistance and diabetes the ketogenic diet basically crushes it, for hopefully, obvious reason.