Starting Chalean Extreme. Anybody want to join me?

Options
mumx5
mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
I will be starting Chalean Extreme tomorrow - 29th July. Would anybody like to start it with me or is there anybody out there who has just started? How are things going? I could really do with some motivation and support.

Add me as a friend or leave me some comments. Much appreciated! smile

Replies

• sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I want to, but I need to buy some weights and such first. Hopefully will be starting within a week... We'll see. Good luck!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm looking for cheap weights too, but I can't start anyway until the kids are in school.
  • mumx5
    Options
    I want to, but I need to buy some weights and such first. Hopefully will be starting within a week... We'll see. Good luck!!

Let me know when you start. Maybe we can push each other on.
  • mumx5
    Options
    Good luck! I'm looking for cheap weights too, but I can't start anyway until the kids are in school.

Yes, I have 4 children at home at the moment so know exactly what you mean. They're not back at school and nursery until the second week of September. If I put off CLX any longer though I know for definite I won't start it lol.
  • vino_monkey
    vino_monkey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started Chalean Extreme today with Burn 1 and was coming here to see how other people record it in their exercise diary. I've done Chalean before but not all the way through to completion. I'd love an exercise buddy to help keep me accountable!

I actually spoke out loud to myself 'you can do this!' several times. I suspect I will be more than a little sore tomorrow when I have Burn Intervals + Abs Burner scheduled.
  • cindar24
    cindar24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started it again today. I did it once a couple of years ago all the way through and enjoyed it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Where did you get your weights?
  • melissaann262
    Options
    I love Chalene Johnson! I got to meet her last month... so awesome!! Good luck and have fun!! :-)
  • cindar24
    cindar24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My weights are ancient - they're my husband's from many years ago, and they're not pretty but they get the job done. :-)
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it on the first Monday of August, one week from today, so anyone else starting it, please message me or add me as a friend. I'd love to have a buddy to suffer through it with!
  • mumx5
    Options
    I just started Chalean Extreme today with Burn 1 and was coming here to see how other people record it in their exercise diary. I've done Chalean before but not all the way through to completion. I'd love an exercise buddy to help keep me accountable!

I actually spoke out loud to myself 'you can do this!' several times. I suspect I will be more than a little sore tomorrow when I have Burn Intervals + Abs Burner scheduled.

Well done on starting! I unfortunately didn't get round to starting as intended...I just haven't had any motivation lately, hence the post! I have lots of spare time later on this evening so I am going to try and start it then.
    How are you finding the program so far?
    I'm sending you a FR :)
  • mumx5
    Options
    I've also sent FR's to all of you guys for support :)
  • lisalisa27
    lisalisa27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I felt kind of lost, but I finished it. I am looking for workout buddies too!! I need to be held accountable!
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did P90X once and then I got Chalean Extreme and did that a few times but I never really gave it my all. My arms got nicer and I lost a few inches all over though. I restarted it today! I made it through the day w/ tons of stuff going on but at 9:30, after I watched last night's Extreme Makeover Weight Loss, I did Burn 1. I did it slow and awesome and I sweat a lot - woo!

My brief backstory - I have baby weight. My baby is 6 3/4. Whoops.
  • mumx5
    Options
    I just started today! I felt kind of lost, but I finished it. I am looking for workout buddies too!! I need to be held accountable!

I've sent a FR :)
  • VaBusyMom02
    Options
    I will start on Monday and would like some support and encouragement. All are free to send me a FR. I will do the same. Thanks
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I started Chalean Extreme this week. I completed Insanity in early July. I reached my goal weight but, need to tighten up. I am currently using the resistance bands but, will be purchasing the bowflex adjustable weights soon. I am enjoying the workouts and definitely feel the muscle soreness. Can't wait to see my progress 3 months from now. I have been on this lifestyle journey for 19 months now.
  • dcmitchell01
    dcmitchell01 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Doing CLX too. I started several weeks ago, did week one, then stopped just because I got busy. No- not for a good reason....

So started back today 8/4 - Burn 1 tonight. I'm doing C25K too. Got through week 2 of that before I crashed. So starting over at week one tomorrow.

Sending a FR.
  • jandjcassidy
    Options
    Hey all!! I am planning on doing CLX after I finish Insanity! which will be in a month!

If anyone is looking for some more support I have great group on facebook. Message me!!
  • SunshineBB30
    SunshineBB30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started it today with Burn Phase 1. I am 9 pounds from my goal weight and hoping this fires up my metabolism to get me past my plateau:)