60+ Club

Options
2»

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, @saybyebob. I love podcasts and like to listen to them while I'm walking.
  • 7sorok
    7sorok Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    7sorok wrote: »
    saybyebob I figured out this is not a group here. We've been just responding to a post. The group is to be created yet. On the other hand, I'm fine today. I've got a question: can you overeat on 1000cal a day? I just had my dinner and I'm stuffed, but I have about 160cals more to eat to get over 1000. You are great if you exercise, I just can't push myself doing it. I wish my husband would get his behind off the couch and go to the Y with me (just a wish)

1000 cals per day is undereating. 1200 is the minimum for women to get adequate nutrition. Be sure to weigh all food on a scale and log it for accuracy. Check out the sticky threads for details on how to do this.

I will agree with you, 1000cals not enough, so I made my diary public and you can see that I eat and I eat everything, but I'm stuffed by the time I'm done. So how can I increase my intake? Where do you see my problem lies?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    saybyebob I figured out this is not a group here. We've been just responding to a post. The group is to be created yet. On the other hand, I'm fine today. I've got a question: can you overeat on 1000cal a day? I just had my dinner and I'm stuffed, but I have about 160cals more to eat to get over 1000. You are great if you exercise, I just can't push myself doing it. I wish my husband would get his behind off the couch and go to the Y with me (just a wish)

1000 cals per day is undereating. 1200 is the minimum for women to get adequate nutrition. Be sure to weigh all food on a scale and log it for accuracy. Check out the sticky threads for details on how to do this.

I will agree with you, 1000cals not enough, so I made my diary public and you can see that I eat and I eat everything, but I'm stuffed by the time I'm done. So how can I increase my intake? Where do you see my problem lies?

I'm not as skilled at analyzing diaries as some people here are. Cheese, olive oil, avocado, and nuts are calorie dense and nutritious or beneficial for you. Wouldn't be hard to add 250 calories per day with a little more of these without adding much bulk. Many of us have to work hard at limiting the quantity of these yummy items.
  • saybyebob
    saybyebob Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    One thought/observation: There have been groups for older ages, and they often wither and die for lack of sufficient participants. There's already a slow moving 50+ group, with many members over 60. Maybe join that one instead?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

Thanks AnnPT77 I'm going over to check it out.
  • saybyebob
    saybyebob Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've joined.
    It looks like we can have some fun over there, I'm member #679 so it's well established.
    Hope my 60+ Club friends come join me.
  • 7sorok
    Options

I'm not as skilled at analyzing diaries as some people here are. Cheese, olive oil, avocado, and nuts are calorie dense and nutritious or beneficial for you. Wouldn't be hard to add 250 calories per day with a little more of these without adding much bulk. Many of us have to work hard at limiting the quantity of these yummy items.

Thanks for advice. I'll try to do it. You are really an inspiration.
  • 7sorok
    Options
    saybyebob wrote: »
    I've joined.
    It looks like we can have some fun over there, I'm member #679 so it's well established.
    Hope my 60+ Club friends come join me.

I had tried that group, but found out that it's not for me - it's like listening music of wrong decade; it might be nice, but it's not yours, wrong music, wrong beat.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    66 here.

There also a "60 and over group" already set up.

I'm a member of both the +50 & +60 groups but don't find either of them very interesting.