40 pounds down on Keto with pics!

Options
brattonsbaby72
brattonsbaby72 Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
40 pounds gone forever with ketogenic eating and intermittent fasting! Started Feb 1, 2017 and never looked back! Depression and anxiety gone! Chronic pain gone!! Inflammation gone! zva2foi4b0i6.jpg
cpvjh2ak1pww.jpg

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    YUS! Well done you. You look very happy in your after pic
  • bigshow10
    bigshow10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great work. congratulations! I need tips with keto.. im struggling. Intense desires for sugars :(
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have steadily been losing on keto! So glad I discovered this lifestyle!!! You look fab!!!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats love your hair. What's your diet consist of? I try to stay under 30g net but not losing like before.
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
    My girlfriend just started keto.
    I'll definitely have to show her your post!
  • ms_lea_
    ms_lea_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!
  • JudyKenova1
    JudyKenova1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What's a typical days menu for you?
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Even your skin has improved! And by your smile I can tell your mood has too! Well done!
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great work - congrats!
  • prabij23
    prabij23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    way to go on it. never tried keto but i might give it a shot if i cant overcome my next plateau
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I seriously think my weight loss was affected when I stopped eating my eggs and bacon but the smell was bothering my husband. I just tried HaloTop. Yum!
  • debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 40 pound weight loss. You look terrific!! I started the Atkins 20 plan back on June 28th and have lost 2 pounds every week. I was in a plateau for over 2 years where I tried to stick to a low calorie diet but my sweet cravings were out of control. Finally I decided to try high protein high fat and 20 net grams of carbs and this worked. I no longer have sugar cravings and am determined to lose the 25 pounds I still need to lose and I agree keto diets and low carbs is the answer for many of us who just cannot lose the weight. Again, Congratulations on your 40 pound weight loss.
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey all! I eat a pretty basic Keto diet. Typical day is 2 eggs with 2 pieces of regular bacon for my first meal. I sometimes do bullet proof coffee or just coffee with heavy cream! I have at least 2 cups of lettuce greens per day. I have chicken salad or cheese and soprasetta for midday meal if I'm hungry. For dinner I have a piece of meat or chicken with its fat or skin. I also usually have Brocolli, cauliflower or more salad greens. I drink water, coffee, or unsweetened tea. Sometimes I have halo top ice cream. I know some don't find it's Keto- but I'm in the camp of if it fits in my macros. I aim for 70-75 percent fat, 20-25 percent protein, and 5 % carbs. Under 20 NET carbs per day! I'm 45 and if I can do this I know others can! I really started as a way to help my depression and anxiety and they are gone. My chronic pain is gone. I'm spreading the Keto message!

Congratulations on your loss. do you exercise? if so what is your workout plan like?
  • Lovethyself1982
    Lovethyself1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are killin it!!! Congratulations girl. Is love to follow your posts on here. Non of MFP are keto so I'm snooping around trying to add those in my lane. You look amazing ! Im close to my 40 as well ❤
  • dalem14
    dalem14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • AndersonA2
    AndersonA2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hard work really does pay off!! Congrats on your success!!
  • lajepo
    lajepo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been keto for 2 years. I lost 60lbs in the first year. I follow the advice of Dr. Ted Naimen. He has a website called Burn Fat not Sugar and is active on Facebook. I haven't lost anything in quite a while, so I started swapping items from a low carb high fat diet, and picking lower fat items from (PSMF)-protein sparing modified fast and logging everything I eat. I've lost 7lbs in 2 1/2 weeks so far. http://www.burnfatnotsugar.com/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!