40 pounds down on Keto with pics!

Options
2»

Replies

• Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your smile says it all! I started keto just 10 days ago. I've lost 6lbs. I feel really great. My macros are similar to yours. I really love ruledme.com for recipes. I have also added FitnessBlender workouts. They are free and can be done at home. Congratulations!
  • MissyBrears
    MissyBrears Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am curious as to what you eat you look great. I also struggle with water retention I think it is from carbs but not sure where to begin. Would it be possible to see your diary
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!
  • Lizbethweat31
    Lizbethweat31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What is this keto diet everyone is talking about? I know my doctor told me to eat a low carb diet does this count? What all can u have versus what you can't? You look amazing! Bet you feel amazing too
  • Ready2Getcut
    Ready2Getcut Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Since February?? Amazing!!
  • sophiesr122
    sophiesr122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I get the gist of keto diet but seems so hard for every day. When I did a little bit of research there was so much carbs in every thing I ate, even fruit!
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    What is this keto diet everyone is talking about? I know my doctor told me to eat a low carb diet does this count? What all can u have versus what you can't? You look amazing! Bet you feel amazing too
    @Lizbethweat31
    Keto is low carb.. you try to stay between 20-50g carbs but most people aim for 20g or lower. Your mfp macros would have your carbs at 12% (50g) or lower of NET carbs. In the US net is added in with carbs from fiber but over seas it's already separated. Subtract fiber from carbs on us packaging for net carbs.

The diet is both hard and simple all at the same time. Simple because you could stick strictly to meat and veggies and maintain low carb status (but this gets boring).. hard because what you may think is low carb may not be.. like lunch meats have a lot of fillers (carbs).. you will want REAL meat not processed. And packaged items will have hidden carbs! And then items like potatoes, yams, beets, peanuts .. basically any root will have carbs. If it grows under ground, it's higher carbs. If it grows above ground, it's lower carbs. Fats come from oils, avocado, nuts, skin on chicken.. etc.. watch the nuts though. Some have higher carbs than others. Macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts.. these are lower carb. Cashews, pistachios, almonds, peanuts.. these are higher carbs.

I find it's easier to remain low carb if I eat a high fat/protein breakfast. Bacon and eggs will do!
  • brattonsbaby72
    brattonsbaby72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is the most simply I have ever eaten. My macros are fat 75%, protein 20 %, and carbs 5%. Most of my fat comes from fatty sources of meat, poultry with skin intact, heavy cream, butter, and coconut oil. Most of my carbs come from lettuce, broccoli, pecans, walnuts, and cauliflower. It keeps it simple and easy. Friend me if you like- my diary is unlocked!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great. I've also been successful eating Keto style. :):)
  • CoastGuardBill
    CoastGuardBill Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dang you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!