Replies

• Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    His name was Marco and we met on the French Riviera... wait what is this thread about? Uhhhhh "Eat Big, Lift Big, Leave a Big coffin"
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You can't out-train a poor diet.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    get a dog
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Don't stop.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • pagano606
    pagano606 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose one.

I LOVE this ^ and if you think about it, you make this choice everyday whether consciously or not....
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    1. More weight is lost in the kitchen than the gym.
    2. There is no Finish Line
    3. WL is Simple: fewer calories In than calories Out BUT it's NOT EASY.
    4. WL is not linear, do not set goals using a calendar.
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Get your exercise classes in the diary - think of them like an appointment that you can't miss
    Weigh your food
    Log good and bad days
    If you have a bad day - don't beat yourself up just start again tomorrow - your in it fir the long game not a quick fix
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't compare your progress to others. You are not them.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    When struggling and hearing suggestions that conventional wisdom might suggest won't make a difference - decide if it will hurt me. If the worst result possible is that I am no better or worse off in terms of weight loss, then it is worth a try.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to workout, just go to the gym. Sit in the chair if you must, but go there for your minimum time. If when you get there and you've sat in that chair for a few minutes and you still can't or won't do a workout, then that's okay, but go there. Make the promise to yourself that you will go to the gym when you are supposed to, for the amount of time that you are supposed to be there.

Honestly, I never get there and just want to sit in the chair, so I always end up doing something. Even if it's just for half an hour. Half an hour is my minimum exercise time per day, and normally I surpass that because I end up doing more. This takes the pressure off to do an hour long work out.

Also, if you want to be able to get up off the toilet by yourself when you are eighty, do squats now. Sound advice.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Food is not the enemy. There are no bad foods.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!