Thoughts on what the difference is...

Options
13»

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Also I've found when I go out to get ice cream, im fine ordering a baby sized. I dont miss having more ice cream at all, sometimes I dont even finish the baby. Theres definitely something about the food being portioned out that helps.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting a bowl on a scale, spooning 4 oz of ice cream into the bowl. Putting the lid on the tub, and putting the tub back in the freezer before proceeding to drizzle some topping on the ice cream and then enjoying your concoction?

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have that same thing. My husband gets annoyed that I insist on buying everything in snack sized portions at Costco instead of just measuring snacks out from the bulk containers or just eating straight from the container like he does. Somehow an empty bowl is always asking for seconds, thirds, etc. while once I hit the end of a disposable wrapper I am somehow done. I think it goes back to my pre-calorie counting days when I ate straight from containers and considered a half gallon of ice cream or a box of cookies to be a serving.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My husband is the same with ice cream, honestly. He will completely devour a half pint or pint in one sitting. Something that would take me days, possibly weeks or months to go through. For him, I am pretty sure it's the texture and creaminess of the ice cream (particularly with chocolate flavors) and the fact that it's in a container that suggests one should eat the entire thing in a single sitting.

He seems to have no problem only eating one Klondike bar or ice cream bar, but with things like Oreos and ice cream, he will inhale the entire box/carton. So I think it really is the packaging (or lack thereof) that triggers this "I gotta eat it all" mentality he has.

I just stopped buying him ice cream unless it was in smaller containers or came in bars or flavors I know he likes.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the opposite... having to find my favorite little bowl/is it even clean??, scale, scoop, enter into MFP, put ice cream back in freezer... seems like a lot of work, lol, and I easily eat my paltry portion. But the individually wrapped ones always beg me to go open another. I can stop at one, but I know* there's more in that freezer, just waiting for me to eat them all