Any young at heart moms in their 30's/40's?

Options
mumx5
mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
Hi,
l'd like more mommy friends in their 30's and 40's for support and motivation.

I have 5 sons aged 19, 7, 6, 4 and 2...a wide range really but even though I am 40 I'm often told that I don't look my age. I feel much younger too with having younger children to run after all day.

I have already lost 20lbs on MFP but have around 10 more pounds to go. I'm going to be starting Chalean Extreme tomorrow in order to tone up and hopefully lower my high BF%. Has anyone out there doing this or had any success from this DVD? Do any of you moms lift?

Hope to speak soon! :happy:

PS - I have a condition called diastasis recti and would be nice to hear from others with this condition also.

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 35 year old mummy of a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. Most people think I'm younger than I am, and running round with my kids definitely keeps me younger! I also work part time as a secondary school teacher so most of my working day is spent with teenagers...not sure if that's a good thing though lol.

I've lost 66lbs since my daughter was a few weeks old. I do a mixture of stuff at the gym - PT sessions with lots of weights, spinning, Zumba, boxercise, aerobics, step, pump and tone, lbt, core stability..... Most of the aerobics classes involve about 25 mins of strength and weight training.

I'd still like to lose about 10lbs.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    im a stay at home mom 36
    ive lost 35 pounds
    and have like 20 pounds to goal w eight
    sending you a friends request
  • mumx5
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 35 year old mummy of a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. Most people think I'm younger than I am, and running round with my kids definitely keeps me younger! I also work part time as a secondary school teacher so most of my working day is spent with teenagers...not sure if that's a good thing though lol.

I've lost 66lbs since my daughter was a few weeks old. I do a mixture of stuff at the gym - PT sessions with lots of weights, spinning, Zumba, boxercise, aerobics, step, pump and tone, lbt, core stability..... Most of the aerobics classes involve about 25 mins of strength and weight training.

I'd still like to lose about 10lbs.

Wow, congratulations on the weight loss so far! I'd love to share your enthusiasm so I've sent a FR. :D
  • mumx5
    Options
    im a stay at home mom 36
    ive lost 35 pounds
    and have like 20 pounds to goal w eight
    sending you a friends request

That's great! Hope to speak soon :)
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    42 years old, son of 6, lost 30lb to goal weight a couple of years back, just looking to trim a handful of stubborn returning lbs back again

Anyone feel free to add me :)

ETA yes some lifting. Not a lot, about 10-20kg with squats for general toning.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    HI - I'm Diane. Turning 46 the end of Aug - how can that be???? Anyway, my girls are 20 and 17 - but I work at a daycare with one year olds, so it's like I have 9 toddlers of my own. ;-) I'm a horrible cook and a very picky eater - hence I am very non-judgmental and in need of non-judgmental advice and support from time to time. Please feel free to add me!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too. I'm 42, and have a 19 year old son. I can't be old enough to have a son in college - it feels like I was a student just a few years ago!

I've lost 10 lbs so far, and have about 18 to go to get to my first goal, and 50 to get to my final goal. I like to be active and try new things. In the last few months I have tried ziplining and stand-up paddleboarding. I started to learn to downhill ski when I was 40, and absolutely love it! I also like to run, bike, kayak, hike and cross-country ski.
  • mumx5
    Options
    Thanks ladies, FR's sent :)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I am a mum of 1 (daughter aged 16), turned 40 a few months ago. I have gone from 189lbs to 132, still have at least 6 to go. Feel free to add me.
  • mumx5
    Options
    I am a mum of 1 (daughter aged 16), turned 40 a few months ago. I have gone from 189lbs to 132, still have at least 6 to go. Feel free to add me.

FR sent! :)
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I am 30 with a 9 and 1 year old
  • mumx5
    Options
    bump
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 33 with an 8 year old and a 7 year old both boys. I am trying to be the best mom I can be for them, now it is my turn to take care of myself so I can be a better mom for them by losing the weight and exercising.
    I am now teaching them that although I am devoted to them, I need time for myself too, and take them with me when I run etc.
  • Mishinmite
    Mishinmite Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    43, stay at home mom, 4 yr. old (my boyfriend's great niece, he has legal guardianship), 7 yr. old, 11 yr. old, 13 yr old and 23 yr old of my own and two future stepsons in their early 20's. Whew! Add me if you can relate, lol. :wink:
  • dee0604
    dee0604 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am 35 with a 9 yr old and 10 month old you guys can add me need some motivations LOL
  • candysweener13
    candysweener13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to make more friends too! I am a 30-year old Mom of 2 boys 6 years old and 10 months. I work full-time as an elementary school secretary. I am tired of being overweight and want to feel better around my boys. I used to go the gym and loved it, but that was before I went back to work full time. I live in a rural community so the nearest gym is 1/2 hour away and time for myself is something I don't have a lot of. But i'm trying to stay positive and do things from home. Would love to meet people in the similar situations. :-)
  • ccrcc76
    ccrcc76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 32 years old and a mother to a 3 year old boy. I work full time. I have been on MFP on an off for over a year and have Fluctuated in my weight. Im 5ft 7 in and currently 160lbs. I have a long way to go. I'm sending you a friend request. Please note that I have been really bad lately.
  • StaEast
    StaEast Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 39 and have two boys (19 and 16) - can't believe I have a junior in high school and college. I am starting INSANITY today. I have gained a lot of weight in the last year (have some back issues) but I have been cleared to work-out by my M.D. so am excited to lose the 25lbs I gained plus 25 more! I am new to MFP and looking for like minded friends! We can do this!!!!
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am soon to be 31 (Sept). I have 3 kiddos ages 8 yrs, 6 yrs, and 21 months. Always looking for mommy friends who understand how hard this journey is with little ones to care for too, so feel free to add me. :D
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    33 year old mama to a 14 month old. She is a whirlwind, for sure. : ) I've lost about 30 pounds with MFP and am getting close to my goal. I also started lifting about 2 months ago, and I'm loving it. Any mamas feel free to add me! :flowerforyou: