Any young at heart moms in their 30's/40's?

Options

Replies

• mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43, but most people accuse me of being at least 5 years younger than I really am. I have two 13 year olds (twins) - a boy and a girl, and I am just trying to get in shape so that I can keep up with them and make them proud to call me mom! I am 5'3" tall and weigh 159, and would love to get down to about 135 or 140. I just recently started the C25K running program so that I can hopefully get myself up to running for a few miles straight without having to stop to walk. I do Zumba, some kickboxing dvds, and am looking into starting to do some lifting to try to tone and break my plateau. I don't want to just lose weight to get skinny, I want to be strong and fit. I want to be able to have lots of fun with my kids, including ziplining, kayaking, hiking, and running. There are all kinds of adventures out there waiting for me!

If you're interested in adding me as a friend, I can always use more support, and would love to help you in your journey as well.
  • bodawner
    bodawner Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there. I am mid 30's. 35 to be exact. I have two sons of my own, 2 and 11. They keep me pretty busy. i work full time, and am a volunteer firefighter (just started).
    I'm looking to get back to my pre-kid weight...around 140 and i am currently 175.
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am 33 with an 8 year old and a 7 year old both boys. I am trying to be the best mom I can be for them, now it is my turn to take care of myself so I can be a better mom for them by losing the weight and exercising.
    I am now teaching them that although I am devoted to them, I need time for myself too, and take them with me when I run etc.

What a great example you're setting there for your kids. Great determination too. FR sent!
  • mumx5
    Options
    43, stay at home mom, 4 yr. old (my boyfriend's great niece, he has legal guardianship), 7 yr. old, 11 yr. old, 13 yr old and 23 yr old of my own and two future stepsons in their early 20's. Whew! Add me if you can relate, lol. :wink:

Wow, hats off to you!

I have 5 boys and thought I had MY work cut out. I'd love to have you as a friend. FR sent :)
  • nettagyrl78
    nettagyrl78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 34 and a stay at home, homeschooling mom of 4 children (14, 12, 7, and 2). Although I am very busy with my kids, I tend to not eat like I should. I lost 30 lbs about 3 years ago but gained it all back after having baby and an ankle injury. I too am looking for some friends to share this journey with. I'm determined to get this weight off and keep it off this time :)
  • mrspolee
    mrspolee Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a 41 year old stay at home mom. I have a 6yr old daughter and 4 yr old boy and girl twins.

I wasn't sure about joining a site like this because I was always ashamed of being overweight. It wasn't until kept reading how success in reaching your goal can be reached faster with support from others in the same situation or similar that I decided to take a step forward so I can stick to my weight lose goal.

My plan so far is to either walk 3 miles or do the Walk Away the Pounds dvd. I am working on the 2 mile walk this week and will move up , god willing, to mile 3, 4, & 5 as the weeks go on.

Nina Polee
  • canadiangirl014
    canadiangirl014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Newbie here. I'm a 43 years young mom. I have two daughters, 16 and 12. Both my girls are healthy, thin and very active - everything I used to be waaay back. I look forward to getting back into shape and losing some excess weight. Two years ago I managed to lose 35 pounds doing the Beyond Calories diet and have kept it off. That helped shed pounds but I am not fit.

I am currently doing the Six Week Sixpack and 30 Day Shred DVDs by Jillian Michaels. I also walk my dog and try to get in walks every evening. I have a full time desk job so I sit on my butt all day.

My goal is to lose 43 more pounds and get into shape.

Add me if you like!

Robin
  • LaChicaKmart
    LaChicaKmart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm a 32yo military wife with a 6yo DD and a nearly 4yo DS. I work part time at CPK as it is hard to find anything flexible enough in my field. I am burrently practicing the Eat Stop Eat weight loss plan and love it. To date, I have lost 6lbs.

Due to my aversion to daycare and my perpetual isolation from moving so much, it's hard to find friends, and especially when it comes to the weight-loss lifestyle I have chosen. I would love to meet some new pals here for support and encouragement. No judgement, just love and peace, man ;)
    Please feel free to FR me!

-V
  • mumx5
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies...FR's sent! Hope to speak soon :D
  • Elfie369
    Elfie369 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi im 34 and have 3 children, boy 12, boy 9, girl 2, I work 3 days a week and have 2 stone to loose, only started today so looking for friends, please add me x
  • mforman32
    mforman32 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me ,I am a 32 SAHM to 3 boys,8,6 and 4.I am young at heart even if my body disagrees with me at times.lol
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 47 with one son who is 21 and two step daughters ages 15 and 18. I lost 26 pounds and thought I had things under control but this morning I tried on a pair of pants and I couldn't get them zipped. :cry:

I'm afraid to get on the scale to see exactly how much weight I gained back, but I'm back on MFP and determined to get back to where I was and then lose an additional 10 pounds. Add me if you'd like.

:)
  • doirone
    doirone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Add me!
    I'm 35 and a mother of 4 (17, 12, 8 & 5). Needing to lose 30lbs to make it to my goal I'm dedicated this time around, just need to MAKE the time to get to the gym or excercise at home and log my food.
  • natalieaneff
    Options
    Hello. I am Natalie- 35 years old with a 17 year old son and a 14 year old daughter. My goal is to lose 100 pounds by next June. I use to weigh 385 pounds and I am now down to 307. Its a really great feeling! That's a little bit about me :)
  • mumx5
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me ,I am a 32 SAHM to 3 boys,8,6 and 4.I am young at heart even if my body disagrees with me at times.lol

lol! My body too :D

FR sent!
  • mumx5
    Options
    Hello. I am Natalie- 35 years old with a 17 year old son and a 14 year old daughter. My goal is to lose 100 pounds by next June. I use to weigh 385 pounds and I am now down to 307. Its a really great feeling! That's a little bit about me :)

That's an amazing loss, well done! Sounds like you're well on track on meeting your target too. I've sent you a FR :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm also the mom of five, ages 15, 12, 9, and 7 (twins). I'm 43 :)
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have 6, they keep me young. :happy:
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a mom of an almost 14 year old and 11 year old. I have never done CLX but I heard good things. Right now I am doing a hybrid of 2 programs Combat (cardio) and Pump (weight lifting). I love it! I definitely don't feel like I'm going to be 34. It's all how you feel!
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 with a two year old. I haven't been with MFP for very long. Most of my exercise involves chasing my son and I find that using MFP is helping me schedule in exercise and motivating me to make healthier food choices for myself and my family. I must be young at heart - I find it hard to believe that I'm truly grown up sometimes. ; )