Whole Milk is best.

Options
1235»

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    The best milk is the one that you like the best and lets you meet your calorie goals. Sounds like you found yours, but I drink almond milk and I hit my calorie goals just fine.

I drink almond milk and it works just fine for me as well. ^^^

Seconded. Mostly because it's more economical for me to buy a tiny carton of almond milk that stays in the fridge longer than animal milk. When I buy animal milk, it tends to go bad because I don't drink a lot of it.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I grew up on 2%. I don't care for the taste of whole milk. Same for other dairy products too - yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, etc. I like the taste of low-fat or fat-free better than whole fat versions. Generally, the only time I ingest milk these days, it's in a recipe. Otherwise, I just use almond or cashew milk. Saves me some calories.

Also for our non-US people saying they eat breakfast cereal with warm milk sometimes.... let me just say that makes me shudder. :noway: I need my breakfast cereal to be crunchy!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm in Australia. I know what cereal is lol We too have breakfast cereals :tongue: It's the "cold" part i don't understand. What is "cold" cereal?
    I thought 'cold cereal' just meant cereal out of a box, as opposed to hot porridge off the hob/out of the microwave. Usually used by people who would actually otherwise make fresh hot porridge for brekkie.

Aah ok, maybe thats it.

Cold cereal is eaten out of the box/bag crunchy with cold milk. Hot cereal is oatmeal, porridge, cream of wheat, etc. eaten hot/cooked. :drinker:

I'm from the UK and the 'hot cereal/cold cereal' thing sounds odd to me too, because when we say 'breakfast cereal' we only ever mean the cold crunchy stuff. I realise porridge etc are technically 'cereals' (as are polenta, rice etc) but we don't use the term in that way when talking about breakfast.

I'm from the UK and eat regular cereal with cold milk or with warm milk depending on what I fancy. Soggy warm cornflakes are a great comfort food :)

0j7uhlqcw738.gif
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    You get some extra fat and protein in whole milk so therefore, you will feel full for longer.

Personally, I don't believe cow's milk is a requirement for a human diet and do not consume it.

What food is a requirement for a human diet?
    You say that, but as someone who doesn't use dairy, the amount of people who do think cows' milk is a requirement for humans, and will buttonhole me to tell me so... :|:'(

At one point, I had a very senior healthcare professional on a maternity ward, who did not know about my dietary choices, tell me that women needed to drink milk to make milk. She was quite... taken aback when I informed her that this didn't seem to be the case as I was:
    a) vegan,
    b) producing enough milk to feed twins successfully so far.

And I continued to do so, too.

I can certainly agree that dairy milk is a great source of nutrition for lactating women, but that's not quite what she said. :D

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia. I know what cereal is lol We too have breakfast cereals :tongue: It's the "cold" part i don't understand. What is "cold" cereal?
    I thought 'cold cereal' just meant cereal out of a box, as opposed to hot porridge off the hob/out of the microwave. Usually used by people who would actually otherwise make fresh hot porridge for brekkie.

Aah ok, maybe thats it.

Cold cereal is eaten out of the box/bag crunchy with cold milk. Hot cereal is oatmeal, porridge, cream of wheat, etc. eaten hot/cooked. :drinker:

I'm from the UK and the 'hot cereal/cold cereal' thing sounds odd to me too, because when we say 'breakfast cereal' we only ever mean the cold crunchy stuff. I realise porridge etc are technically 'cereals' (as are polenta, rice etc) but we don't use the term in that way when talking about breakfast.

I'm from the UK and eat regular cereal with cold milk or with warm milk depending on what I fancy. Soggy warm cornflakes are a great comfort food :)

Scarlett I'm the same, I very rarely have cold milk in my cereal. Doesn't matter what cereal it is- Cheerios, sultana bran, fruit loops etc etc, 9 times out of ten i use warm/hot milk.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Aah ok, maybe thats it.

Yes, I like that too, especially Weetabix. I need to add soggy cereal (hot or cold) to the list of foods I like but others hate on that thread.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It absolutely disgusts my other half :D He can't even stop to put the milk away when he has cereal; if it goes at all soggy it makes him want to be sick!

I don't like soggy weetabix but warm cornflakes are so nice :)