Would you run/work out in a sports bra?

Options

Replies

• mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If I could pull it off, I would.
    I don't like it when others do it....but that's because I'm jealous!
  • lenaroberts
    lenaroberts Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a tank over- but I'm several pounds over at the moment, If I had abs or a flat stomach, I would definitely want to flaunt my body. Heck, it's taking a lot of work to lose a couple of pounds. But wear whatever you want, it's YOUR body!
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Seriously not something I've ever even thought about because it just wouldn't be pretty. I do it at home, but I live alone.

But if I got to the point where I could and look good doing it? I'd have to do it at least once at the gym, just for the thrill of it. Even a tight fitted tank would be fun!
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Lately i've been running shirtless. I see the men stare at me with hate/contempt and see the women just stare.

Feels good :D

Shirtless is the male equivalent of wearing the sports bra for women. I haven't done shirtless, personally (I'm not even a runner anymore), but I have no issue with those who do.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I wouldn't as I don't think I could ever be comfortable enough in my body to do so. Even if I got down to the weight where I could pull it off I've spent my whole life at least slightly overweight and couldn't get over the embarrassment of revealing too much skin. That said, I think it's fine for other women and support their decision.
  • mbrtron
    mbrtron Posts: 45
    Options
    I think it all depends how confident you are in yourself. I wear a vest over mine but don't think badly of girls who don't.

I don't think its about confidence but more about modesty.

Totally agree. I'm confident in my body but modest enough to not run around in public in my underwear. I love coming home with a sweat drenched tank, anyway.
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    People should wear whatever they want, whether they are 350 lbs or 95 lbs. Life is not a 24/7 beauty contest, and there is no such thing as an ideal body that is "allowed" to wear a sports bra in public. Anyone who judges a woman for working out in a sports bra has some serious issues of their own that they need to resolve
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Nobody wants to see my jello jiggle.

Someday, sure. For now I remain fully clothed unless I'm at home.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    When I trail run or go on a hike I always start with a shirt and leave with it off. It's nice out, there is a breeze going.... why not?
  • cwsikes
    cwsikes Posts: 86
    Options
    Anytime it's above 65 or 70 degrees, I can be found in only a sports bra while running. I prefer to run this way as it is much cooler for me to be shirtless. I have no abs to speak off and still have a little pudge on the sides but I could care less. My running is about me.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've gone grocery shopping in a sports bra ... I ran there (I can't drive due to eyesight), had my debit card and coupons in a ziplock bag ... tucked away in said bra .. only thing I forgot was that I would need a hood or some type o shirt once I got there ... didn't realize that until I had already traveled the 7 miles (I ran a longer route ... getting home I was going to take the short 3 mile route) ... I said effigy I'm not going all the way home and coming back ... I got a lot off looks ... the only person who actually said anything to me was the cashier upon checkout ... she told me I had balls ... lol
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one out there running in a sports bra :smile: The people calling it underwear crack me up LOL My most recent purchase was a pair of bright orange Nike compression shorts and matching sports bra...meant to be seen! When I run it is all about me and my comfort and there isn't much concern for what people think! My husband was not all that thrilled when I started running in less attire but now he fully supports it and since he has started running he totally gets it too :laugh:
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends how confident you are in yourself. I wear a vest over mine but don't think badly of girls who don't.

I don't think its about confidence but more about modesty.

Totally agree. I'm confident in my body but modest enough to not run around in public in my underwear. I love coming home with a sweat drenched tank, anyway.

I love the breeze on my skin. I wonder though, why is every exercise video ever made has female instructors "in underwear". Why is Gillian Michaels always "in underwear" on TV and no one bats an eye.

Just want to understand the thinking process behind underwear comment.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Just because it's called a sports "bra" doesn't mean it's an undergarment.

THIS is a sports bra and an undergarment:

purelime-00-91-sports-support-bra-activewear-white-f.jpg

This is also called a sports bra, but it's really just a short tank top and not an undergarment:

how-to-choose-sports-bra-2.jpg
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Always, way more comfortable...keeps the girls in place.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I DO!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO. <for me>

If other women do it, I'm OK with that if they have the body for it. I mean, it's not like I'd give others a dirty look or say anything (because really, it doesn't affect me at all) but I don't want to see that on someone now in shape. The same way I would NEVER force people to look at me LOL.

My husband made a comment about this yesterday about how someone should NOT have been dressed like that in public (age related!)
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If I had rockin abs, heck yes I'd wear that!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I do, when it is hot enough outside (typically running).

I do not typically go in just a sports bra (and shorts lol) in the gym - though I did once when running 80+ laps in there. (Got a little toasty).
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    if i had articulated abs, sure!

i don't really worry too much about what other people like to do, so if other women (or men, for that matter :laugh: ) want to work out in a sports bra, more power to them!

for me in my current shape, it's simply too uncomfortable to have my belly sticking out over the hem of my shorts when running, so i like to keep the midsection covered - little bit more streamlined that way :huh: :bigsmile: :laugh: