Megan_Taylor_P Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Anyone who can relate?

135846316.png

Replies

• rower1018
    rower1018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I definitely can. I've dealt with body image issues since I was 11, even though I was a thin child.
  • wilsonunc
    wilsonunc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can relate. I'm a normal weight BMI wise but my tummy and thighs look so large and jiggly. :( I'm working on self-love.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I still look at myself and see only the flaws. When I see a photo of myself I'm always shocked at how thin I look, because when I look in the mirror, I mostly see the areas that aren't super thin.

This exactly. And when I look in the mirror I still see the chubby girl from before, it's like my mind can't process what I actually look like.
  • Megan_Taylor_P
    Megan_Taylor_P Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's so frustrating because you can't see yourself for how you really look. I took pictures of myself in a bikini today to try and make myself feel good about my body, and although I realize how healthy I look, all I can look at is the fact that I don't have six pack abs and my "chubby" face. Others would think I am crazy for thinking this but it's how I truly feel. I just always want to lose more and more weight, even though I know ill never look like a supermodel.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    So can relate. I've lost a significant amount of weight and desperately need new clothes but every time I go to the store to buy a new wardrobe I get so frustrated because while I'm happy to be going down so much in weight, I struggle seeing the difference and everything looks bad. I've worked my tail off and still have a ways to go but geesh...never thought about this part. So happy yet brain overload.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively lean now. If I look puffy one day, or am a little bloated...I really notice it and don't feel as confident.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I used to be happy. Then I decided to start working out more and used workout videos on YT. Don't get me wrong, they are great. But seeing those fit people made me increasingly aware of how I looked.
    Yesterday I went for a BBQ. Chose a nice skirt, but could not find a top I was fond of and left unhappy with how I looked. A friend I haven't seen for a long time and who is very direct and honest told me how nice I looked and how I "glowed". Sudden realisation of body image issues there...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Yup. Moreso since becoming involved with bodybuilding/competing
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely. Sometimes I look in the mirror and only see the parts that need work.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, and what's worse is that It's different from day to day. I think I struggle with seeing myself objectively at all as somedays (when i'm bloated or after cardio) I see my old self and some days I see myself as much more "fit" or better than i objectively look.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Raegold wrote: »
    YES... I've been realizing lately that I'm never happy with my body, even when I lose weight. Something always seems wrong or could be better. I'm trying to find the positives and the strengths in exactly where I am now. I know I'll look back when I'm like 70 and wish I had appreciated my body in my 30s, regardless of loose skin from kids or cellulite or whatever.

Never a truer word @raegold.
    I am the same weight at 64 as I was in my 30's and have very few pics because I thought I looked chubby.

When I do find a pic I really wonder what my problem was.

(In retrospect, hanging out with tall pear shapes when I was a short apple)

Cheers, h.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm much more self conscious at 145 than I was at 220. I look way better in clothes, but the flab and loose skin look worse to me than the extra pounds when I'm in a bathing suit. A lot of what we do is in a boat, pool or beach and my husband thinks I've become completely anti-social, but really, I'm just embarrassed.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I'm much more self conscious at 145 than I was at 220. I look way better in clothes, but the flab and loose skin look worse to me than the extra pounds when I'm in a bathing suit. A lot of what we do is in a boat, pool or beach and my husband thinks I've become completely anti-social, but really, I'm just embarrassed.

Is that you in your profile pic? If so, you look awesome!