• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/1- 5 miles
    8/6- 11 miles
    8/8- 5 miles
    8/9- 3 miles
    8/14- 10 miles (will add another 5 or so tonight)

34/75 miles

Training for:

9/17- full montana Marathon
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @ADLampshade Excellent! That is very close to my first (and so far, only) HM time: 2:10:07 I just wonder if I can get 5 min. off for next time... less than 1 month from now.

I'm not sure when you did your first HM, but mine was last September, and I did it in 2:09:58 (and I was out of gas by the end). In May I ran a flatter HM but did it in 2:01:54, and the following month I did a HM that was even hillier than the Sept one in 2:01:15, so I'd say 5 minutes is doable!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I did my first HM in April (a few years back) at 2:18 and my second in November of the same year and took 7 minutes off at 2:11. Very doable.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day. I must have the running bug, because I'm not sure how I feel about this. :smiley:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Non-running check in:

The sore right Achilles was ever so slightly better this morning than yesterday morning, but still doesn't want me to run on it. I could do my morning cone touches. I could do my morning one-leg calf raises with 50 lb. weight. I could mow the lawn, and feel the uneven surface providing a healthy stretch to the Achilles. But a test jog to the mailbox after mowing the lawn confirmed that running is out today.

If it's the same story tomorrow, I'll have to admit this is an injury.

In other news, this afternoon the email arrived confirming that the club has registered me for the Michigan Mile and reserved my hotel room. Sure hope I can follow through with that commitment.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Non-running check in:

The sore right Achilles was ever so slightly better this morning than yesterday morning, but still doesn't want me to run on it. I could do my morning cone touches. I could do my morning one-leg calf raises with 50 lb. weight. I could mow the lawn, and feel the uneven surface providing a healthy stretch to the Achilles. But a test jog to the mailbox after mowing the lawn confirmed that running is out today.

If it's the same story tomorrow, I'll have to admit this is an injury.

In other news, this afternoon the email arrived confirming that the club has registered me for the Michigan Mile and reserved my hotel room. Sure hope I can follow through with that commitment.

@mobycarp we seriously need a "that sucks" button. Hope it's 100% soon.
  • roxy2238
    roxy2238 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    8/14 - 3 miles
    Total 15.5/100
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @ADLampshade That is awesome, congratulations! Amazing time for your first race!!!

@JoannaDGN Welcome to the group!

@Orphia You look so great, I love that costume!!! How fun

@PastorVincent What a great achievement, congratulations! I live in PA, so maybe one day I’ll run this race too

@WandaVaughn I know exactly how you feel, I used to hate rest days! But they are important though. Your body needs time to recover and heal, but you can always do some light exercises if you feel like staying active.

@MobyCarp Ouch, I am sorry to hear that. I hope you heal fast!

@RunTimer Seriously jealous over here, what a view! Enjoy your trip!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options

August Goal: 60 miles

8/1: 4 miles
    8/2: 3.1 miles
    8/3: 2.2 miles
    8/5: kr30dc day 1
    8/6: 5.4 miles; kr30dc day 2
    8/7: 3.1 miles; kr30dc day 3
    8/8: 2.7 miles; kr30dc day 4
    8/9: 3.1 miles; kr30dc day 5
    8/10: kr30dc day 6
    8/11: kr30dc day 7
    8/12: kr30dc day 8
    8/13: 6.3 miles; kr30dc day 9
    8/14: kr30dc day 10

29.9/60 miles completed

No run today. I took today as a rest day so I won't end up with 3 rest days in a row later this week. I took the dogs to the park for a walk instead. And I did day 10 of the kr30dc.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - In general, I have no idea how much of what you're seeing from the footpod is good information, how much is useless, and how much is somewhere in between. However, I'm comfortable stating that heel strike is normal for walking, forefoot strike is normal for sprinting, and midfoot strike is widely advocated for distance running. So in the foot strike department, I'd say there's nothing wrong with you.

Well, I can not speak to how much is good either but at least the wear on my running shoes is mostly in the mid foot region so I can say that it seems to agree with the pod in that one respect at least. :sunglasses:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    This is my run summary, which is nothing too exciting, but the important part is - it is my 2nd fastest run out of all 5-7 milers. This app has over 300 runs recorded, so it's kind of a big deal for me.

Congrats!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @RunTimer - is that Florence? Regardless - looks like amazing running!
    @MobyCarp - Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this is nothing more than extended niggles.
    @Runningmischka - AWESOME - love getting those speedy runs - especially when they feel easy!