Alcohol Free August 2017

Options

Replies

• FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well my alcohol-free August didn't transpire the way I'd hoped and I'm paying for it dearly. I'm in for September. Anyone want to hop aboard the teatotaller train? I have to do something.

I'm up for a September Challenge. Taking it one day at a time.
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Well my alcohol-free August didn't transpire the way I'd hoped and I'm paying for it dearly. I'm in for September. Anyone want to hop aboard the teatotaller train? I have to do something.

I am up for a sober September!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    For anyone who is interested, I started a thread for September.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10592511/sober-september-2017#latest
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    2 days left! Way to go everyone! Keep up the great work!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I almost blew it Friday night but am still alcohol free for August.

way to go! you are almost done!
  • hillearyamber
    hillearyamber Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    I would like to join!

• PurpleLavender77
    Options
    30 days!!! One more day and the entire month will be over.

• PurpleLavender77
    Options

Today is the last day of August. How did you do? How do you feel?

For those of you who are at 31 of 31 alcohol free days today, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

For those of you, who reduced your intake this month, CONGRATULATIONS!

For those of you who are following this thread, thinking about making a change, but not quite ready yet...CONGRATULATIONS! Being aware or thinking about making a change is a huge step.

These threads aren't about condemning anyone's drinking or part of any program etc.

What we all have in common here on MFP is we are trying to make positive changes in our lives. We are all trying to be in a healthier place.

Cutting back/reducing/moderating or cutting out alcohol completely is a personal decision, but it's a tough one. So glad you were all here to support one another. I know you all kept me on track this month!

• FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Once I got started, it was easier. But, I likely wouldn't have got started without this thread. Looking forward to September. Tailgates start Saturday - diet soft drink for me.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in for September! I've already gone 2 days alcohol free. Trying to lose the last couple of stubborn lbs and break the daily drinking habit.
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing fantastic !! Keep it up. I am on day 31. Going to go in September too ! Feeling good.

• cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    Once I got started, it was easier. But, I likely wouldn't have got started without this thread. Looking forward to September. Tailgates start Saturday - diet soft drink for me.[

Yes football season may be hard. I was hoping to get my husband to join me !
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    Once I got started, it was easier. But, I likely wouldn't have got started without this thread. Looking forward to September. Tailgates start Saturday - diet soft drink for me.

Definitely gets easier each day. I'm getting more done around the house and more exercise in.

Odd thing is how it's putting off one of my friends. She's treated me like the plague since I have been alcohol free in August. Now she's invited me over this weekend, and made a point of mentioning that I could drink wine again.

I hate to break it to her but I'm not drinking in September either. It's funny how some people don't feel comfortable around you unless you / they are drinking. I don't care if people drink or not. When I was drinking and I was with someone who wasn't, I would just always make sure that alcohol didn't bother them.

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Made it! Some days were really hard. Most were pretty easy.
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    I made it through 31/31 no alcohol. Congrats to everyone who managed to go without no matter how many or few days. Either way you went without and that's a great achievement!!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    wolfruhn wrote: »
    I made it through 31/31 no alcohol. Congrats to everyone who managed to go without no matter how many or few days. Either way you went without and that's a great achievement!!

Agreed!!!
  • photogrl003
    photogrl003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love success stories on cutting out or reducing alcohol, I am a heavy drinker not proud. Probably 3 glasses of wine every night. I want to lose 10 pounds or more I'm 133lbs and short so it shows a lot. I'm a healthy eater and active but cant get rid of the extra weight.