For the discouraged.

Options
Never give up on your goals. Dont let anyone tell you that you cant and dont tell yourself that either. Wake up each day look in the mirror and say I'm not giving up on me. You are beautiful because you love yourself and the strength that keeps you going. If you keep a postive mind set then you get postive results.

Replies

• Akkael
    Akkael Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Needed that! I have doctors telling me since I have no thyroid I won't be able to lose weight. It's a huge struggle, but it's coming off very slowly.
  • chrissymoore06
    chrissymoore06 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also have thyroid problems and struggle with weight loss. I have hypothyroidism. I lose weight slower even when restricting calories and working out. Im not giving up on me and my goal weight though. You can do anything you put your mind to. Drs have been wrong so many times and they under etstamate people all the time. Tell me I cant and i'll say watch me!!
  • joyhoffman9340
    joyhoffman9340 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post.
  • facetocallhome
    facetocallhome Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love this, thank you :)
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging, Thanks!!
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really needed to read this today
  • nikkifrazier01
    nikkifrazier01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Akkael wrote: »
    Needed that! I have doctors telling me since I have no thyroid I won't be able to lose weight. It's a huge struggle, but it's coming off very slowly.

Keep it up. slow gains are better than none. Plus you can be in shape even if you aren't losing a ton of weight.
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    No problem. We all need support. Too many people on here get so negitive with anything new people try to help lose weight. Very closed minded and judgmental. Those people are the reason why so many give up. If someone reaches out for help or support and only get criticism and negativity instead it discourages them. I am open minded to trying anything that may help me. I and my husband been on the receiving end of such people on here. Good luck every one on your weight loss journeys.

I haven't seen too much of that negativity on her, but I am sensitive and that would really discourage me. Thankfully most people have been helpful here. Do what works for you, everyone is different and get different results. Hope it goes well for you.
  • chrissymoore06
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    No problem. We all need support. Too many people on here get so negitive with anything new people try to help lose weight. Very closed minded and judgmental. Those people are the reason why so many give up. If someone reaches out for help or support and only get criticism and negativity instead it discourages them. I am open minded to trying anything that may help me. I and my husband been on the receiving end of such people on here. Good luck every one on your weight loss journeys.

Those people are the reason I've had any success and regained my sanity in the process. I'm not sure why you chose to take what started as a supportive post and turn it into a slam against community members, but you are effectively adding to the "negative" atmosphere you are railing against with this post. Best of luck to you.

I was more referring to my husband's post that was attacked so bad the administrator removed it.
  • chrissymoore06
    Options
    My post was supposed to be for other fasters that had any results with it. If it helps us feel better and get we get results from trying it then who are we hurting?? No one was saying that it did anything other than control calories. My sister in law is a micro biologist and bichemist in boston mass. She was the one who told me that fasting had several benefits for those struggling to lose weight. Also people who are diabetic who fast it can help control thier high blood sugar. Also backed up by my dr. My mother in law is a diabetic. Who has to us fasting in order to help her eating and sugar intake. Nothing I said wad wrong to begin with. Just because im a regular joe doesnt mean that im not informed.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Those people are the reason I've had any success and regained my sanity in the process. I'm not sure why you chose to take what started as a supportive post and turn it into a slam against community members, but you are effectively adding to the "negative" atmosphere you are railing against with this post. Best of luck to you.

I was more referring to my husband's post that was attacked so bad the administrator removed it.

To be fair, your husband was challenged to back up his claims and resorted to personal insults instead of actually engaging with the challenges. If you're going to make claims, including posting videos advising people to undergo certain regimes, you've got to be prepared to back them up. No one attacked your husband personally. The same cannot be said for him.
  • chrissymoore06
    Options
    He meant for it to be informative on how nician can be beneficial. He has had such good results from this. He feels better and has more energy and just wanted to share. Hes also a new member and didnt realize that posting the video would be bad.instead of a friendly warning he got land blasted. I think if you try anything and it works for you theres no harm in doing it. Each to thier own.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    According to this link:

https://examine.com/supplements/vitamin-b3/

Niacin can have a positive effect on cholesterol and triglycerides, but can increase insulin resistance. It has also been associated with multi organ failure in "undisclosed" high amounts.

So, there is potential harm, depending on the individual. What your husband choses to do, I don't really care. What he suggests for others to do, who may or may not look these things up and has the potential for harm, I'm glad people are around to question it.