Funny or Interesting Things

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    m7sm9b2qdhbj.jpeg

The sun was shining through the window on a late afternoon at my mom’s.
    (mom’s house is pretty clean)
    Something caught my eye, I realized what it was and snapped this photo.

I wanted to hold my breath.
  • honeybee__12
    82au9qxu6ivs.png

Cape San Blas, FL
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Pineapples don't grow from seeds. You have to take the crown off of a pineapple put the base of the crown in dirt for a new plant to grow.

Having a black thumb, I've never been able to grow a thing... but, now that I'm in FL with a patio... I'm going to try this asap!
  • honeybee__12
    tak83wr1jd8r.jpeg

wqia4cwe7j1y.jpeg

1f79dwfwtrp9.jpeg

Carcassonne, France
    Medieval town restored in 1844.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Pineapples don't grow from seeds. You have to take the crown off of a pineapple put the base of the crown in dirt for a new plant to grow.

Having a black thumb, I've never been able to grow a thing... but, now that I'm in FL with a patio... I'm going to try this asap!

It's super easy..
    My first .. ikf1c6ill0af.jpg

No way! That's beautiful! Have you eaten it yet?
  • honeybee__12
    1sphere wrote: »
    wrwbgjqhya1q.jpeg

I know it doesn’t look like much,
    I took this during a thunderstorm last summer.
    I took it at 2:30am,
    lightning, light as day.
    cool, how did you manage to hit the shutter button at the perfect time ?

It was a fierce lightning storm,
    I just kept clicking then went back through the pics and found a couple that were perfectly timed.
    Got lucky. 🙂
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

It's super easy..

Yep , this was a pic from November last year. It was so sweet and juicy, I think the best I've ever had. I didn't intend to grow it but I had a big planter tub I'd recently pulled herbs out of and just on a whim put the pineapple crown from one I had bought from the store. I never really imagined it would grow. I think it took about not quite 2 years all up to get fruit.
  • slimgirljo15

It's super easy..

Yep , this was a pic from November last year. It was so sweet and juicy, I think the best I've ever had. I didn't intend to grow it but I had a big planter tub I'd recently pulled herbs out of and just on a whim put the pineapple crown from one I had bought from the store. I never really imagined it would grow. I think it took about not quite 2 years all up to get fruit.

How many times will a pineapple plant produce fruit? I've heard 1 or 3 times max or something like that, so I looked it up online but found mixed answers.

I only got 2 fruit off one plant. It filled the pot so I pulled it out. I'm thinking maybe if they are in the ground they might last longer.
  • slimgirljo15

It's super easy..

How many times will a pineapple plant produce fruit? I've heard 1 or 3 times max or something like that, so I looked it up online but found mixed answers.

I only got 2 fruit off one plant. It filled the pot so I pulled it out. I'm thinking maybe if they are in the ground they might last longer.

Nah pineapple plants just don't produce much fruit. According to what I've read online anywhere between 1 - 3 fruits and that's it. Some plants, possibly more, others less. Im 100% sure, that maybe, it's the least definitive answer I've ever come across. Can't be too sure tho.

Ah ok, well seems I pulled it out at the right time. 🙂
  • honeybee__12
    kmjxtz4njl98.jpeg
  • honeybee__12
    jbr2wuiu1xwg.jpeg

lwkhq4lt50vy.jpeg

w0v3rbi5bhv0.jpeg

00cd536qoxxn.jpeg

• TarryTaffy
    This vid makes me feel like I should be running a high end handbag factory out of my laundry room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixBYyTYZvYQ