Should men shave their armpits?

Options
124»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    As a woman, it would totally creep me out if i saw a man with shaved underarms :worried:

I watch UFC and most of the men have zero hair on their torso and shave or trim their underarms. Tbh I think when you're going to grapple with someone it's polite not to shove hair into their face.

Have to disagree, I know that many boxers in the 50s and 60s would deliberately cultivate a 3-4 day stubble for fight night in order to get a small advantage in any potential clinch.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    As a woman, it would totally creep me out if i saw a man with shaved underarms :worried:

I watch UFC and most of the men have zero hair on their torso and shave or trim their underarms. Tbh I think when you're going to grapple with someone it's polite not to shove hair into their face.

Have to disagree, I know that many boxers in the 50s and 60s would deliberately cultivate a 3-4 day stubble for fight night in order to get a small advantage in any potential clinch.

What year is it

An advantage is an advantage... IF you think that a fighter thought not waxing would provide a benefit over waxing. He'd refrain from waxing... However... being waxed provides a benefit since long "short hairs" can get caught and painfully pulled...

Many fighters today will still show up stubbly because it does provide that benefit.
  • Ryanh193
    Ryanh193 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I shaved my under arms once...

Never again
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    How about trimming them, then shave your first initial in one & last initial in the other...or dollar signs or shamrocks/flowers.
    No, really, their your pits -do what you want with them!
  • lorriemb
    lorriemb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No. As a member of the older generation, I don't get why men want to remove body hair. My .02 worth--that and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee. LOL
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

As a woman, I really don't mind if a guy shaves his pits. It's almost like being a woman actually doesn't have anything to do with a person's preferences.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My trainer, who's also a body builder, shaves EVERYTHING too. I thought it was just for competitions but he prefers being hairless. Maybe some people like feeling prepubescent.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hell NO
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    No. Unless it's completely out of control. Then trim it up a bit to look human.
  • vinit33pratap
    vinit33pratap Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What about hair on chest and abs?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    its not hair we should be worrying about its the smell that comes from the pits
    that goes for both men and women
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Who cares about what other people think. If you like hairless armpits, then shave/wax them, if not then don't. It's your body.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    i was a competitive swimmer for years. i never had body hair. when i quit swimming i couldnt get used to arm or armpit hair. i would use a beard trimmer to trim it down the first couple of times and then just whack it off with a razor. the years of shaving your face will come into play here. it takes no time and ive never had razor burn. it seems odd the first time but I remember seeing guys in tank tops with big bushes of armpit hair slathered with white deodorant and thought. nope I'm not going to look like that. plus I have an armpit tattoo and done want it covered with hair.