Craving fried chicken.. what's your #1 weakness?

Options
13»

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Potato chips!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    cake donuts, especially blueberry ones. With coffee.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Funny ... just got home from a lunch out (was going to go sailing, but lightning canceled our ambition - out of frustration we stopped in a harborside luncheonette). Instead of fried chicken - my cocaine is fried seafood. A fish-and-chips basket later, I'm toting up my daily macro counts to see I can only eat a cucumber for dinner, LOL! As I was eating the fish, I remembered this question ...
  • staciej0
    staciej0 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Slab of bacon :-)
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburgers. A really, really good cheeseburger, seasoned and cooked perfectly with a quality bun and the cheese all melted into the bacon and the meat juice dribbling down your wrist ... this is maybe my most favorite thing in the entire world, and once I get a hankerin' for it - watch out.
  • rlarkin591
    rlarkin591 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bake some chicken thighs until the skin is really crispy (yes, leave the skin on), spice it up a lot and it will give you the same satisfying crunch that regular fried chicken will give but with less calories and fat.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    my profile pic says it all (I am the human cookie monster!)
  • stelafaro
    stelafaro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken, I am now using an air fryer, it satisfies the craving. Use almond flour for the coating.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    KimmalyS wrote: »
    Mmmm chicken...

Weight Watchers has a really good fried chicken imitation that you bake instead of fry and use corn flakes as the crust. I think it ends up being 300-400 cals for an entire breast.
    Here's the info I googled and copy and pasted it:

Total Time: 45min

Prep: 15min

Cook: 30min

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

3 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4-oz pieces
    1/2 tsp table salt, divided, or to taste
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, divided, or to taste
    1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    3 oz low-fat buttermilk
    1/2 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat an 13- X 8- X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.

Season chicken with salt and cayenne pepper to taste; set aside.

Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl. Place buttermilk and cornflakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.

Dredge chicken in flour mixture and evenly coat both sides. Next, dip chicken into buttermilk and turn to coat both sides. Last, dredge chicken in cornflake crumbs and turn to coat both sides.

Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center, about 25 to 30 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking). Yields 1 chicken breast per serving.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake & Walnut croissants from Laduree.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Fried Chicken In The 18th Century?
    From that page with the Video
    You are in for a treat today! This fried chicken recipe comes from Nathan Bailey's 1736 cookbook, "Dictionarium Domesticum." This recipe calls for a marinade that is sure to surprise you. The tartness of the marinade contrasted to the sweetness of the batter really sets this dish off. We highly recommend you try this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ&feature=youtu.be

buffalogal42
    Thanks for the Tip regarding the Banquet Chicken.
    Roger

This is a great youtube channel! I've made some of the dishes discussed, modern-style (I'm not a historical re-creater), but appreciate keeping some of the traditional things alive. Not all of these dishes, are, shall we say, "dietetic"? (LOL)

Hi
    So many tasty foods are not Diet or Dietetic oriented.

Cheers
    Roger
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. So bad.
    It's so hot in my office and I only had ice cream once so far this summer. But if I buy it I will eat more than I should. And if I get a scoop at the gelateria I will crave more tomorrow anyway.
  • luke_silver_14
    luke_silver_14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never thought I had a 'weakness' per say, but Ice-cream 110%
  • rcoull18
    rcoull18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    McVities Chocolate Digestives.

I can eat a whole pack in a day (and have done before dieting!)

I now try to have only two as a treat, but it means the pack is sitting there in the house opened and calling me...
  • mizmilner
    mizmilner Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Potato's in all their various forms! Fried, smashed, scalloped you name it, i love it!
  • mingyaox
    mingyaox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kettle cooked chips.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake and honey graham crackers.
  • SheriffMichelle
    SheriffMichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cake, chocolate, cookies. Mostly cookies. :)