Laziness

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Oh I LOVE being lazy. Fortunately for me I also love living on the farm and that means I can't be too lazy. If I had to rely on purposeful "exercise" I'd be a whole lot less fit. But really the work makes the laziness even better. There is nothing I like better than just sitting on the patio with a glass of wine and good food, feet propped up, unwinding with family or friends after a hard day of work.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Since I started going to the gym regularly last year I really can't stand just laying around doing nothing.

I do love reading and I've found I don't really like audiobooks, but if I could read and work out at the same time that would be preferable.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Yep I love being lazy, especially after I have been productive. It is wonderful <3
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love being lazy, and I especially love snacking while lazy. I really love getting my workouts done early in the day so I can be lazy the rest of the day. Being lazy is what got me 70 pounds overweight, though, so I'm trying to fight that.

Of course, I'm typing this post while laying in bed and watching tv, lol.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I enjoy being lazy. TBH if I didnt have a dog that needs the mental and physical stimulation I wouldnt be out exercising every day. So getting a dog that is a herding breed has really helped me. Because of her my husband and I are out walking or hiking every night for roughly two hours. But as soon as we get home I then am lazy the rest of the night so it kind of balances lol
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I LOVE being lazy. It's one of my favorite things to do. I also LOVE running. Running the 50+ miles a week that I do, I have absolutely no problem spending hours at a time of my down time being a complete lazy bum :D
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    According to a recent MFP blog article, I am an "active couch potato" personified, which it says is not good for my health.

It's not so much laziness as a lack of reason to engage in more physical movement.

I'm retired and exercise for 1-2 hrs a day but the rest of the time, apart from trips to shop or run errands or do chores around the house, I mostly spend my time seated in front of the computer or TV or in bed.

I do stand while cooking and eating, so I guess it's not all that bad. LOL!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I love sitting on my patio and doing nothing. I run in the morning and walk in the evening. It's all about balance.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    One thing that does help is Restless Leg Syndrome. Also having short stubby legs, so that sofas and armchairs are not that comfortable.

Neither of these are for sale, unfortunately. I would put my twitchy legs on eBay like a shot if I could.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need a little bit of laziness. After a long day in work and then going to the gym there's nothing I find better than curling up in my pyjamas, getting into a good book or watching something on Netflix
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to pretty much everyone.