Some eating out advice

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    oh and the "that's coming out of their tip" comment... classic. OHHHHH NOOOOO! oh please, please, please tip me!!! I want your $2.50, I need that money!! I take back everything I said!! In fact, you're the skinniest, most lean, trim, ripped person I've ever seen!! You can have all the alfredo sauce and chocolate cake that you want! Just please, please, please tip me!! If you don't, my power is going to be turned off, and I'm going to be evicted! All because I didn't get your 2 bucks! My life is over!!

k
  • arewethereyet
    I used to work at a "finer" restaurant that had you bring over the tray of desserts to show people, you know, desserts that have plastic ice cream on top of the real apple pie so it looks a la mode, well, if I had a dollar for every time someone said, "THose are all low cal right?" And then proceed to laugh-hehehehe, oh yawn, let's just all agree to stop doing that okay?

now we are talking! that is a funny server comment.......or making you run to the back to see if we have any hot chocolate during the evening rush, only to order coffee upon your return......eyeroll!!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Personally I don't care what my server thinks of me, no matter what I order, if they give me bad service I just don't tip. I also don't have a problem with talking to the manger about lousy service. If big people would not go out to eat anymore servers and weighters wouldn't make much money. Remember never to bite the hand that feeds you.
    I am at the restaurant to enjoy my meal with my friends or family, I don't make a lot of fuss and I am very easy to please. MAybe those servers ( in good fun) could make a lot more money if they wouldn't make smart remarks or jokes about their customers, because sometimes that kind of comes through.
  • What a dumb, politically correct society we live in! I dare to crack one joke about fat people, and everyone is so bent out of shape! Geez!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Anyone remember the opening scene in Reservoir Dogs? Hilarious.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    I know it was all meant in good fun, but people WERE insulted by it. Maybe they don't understand your sense of humor (trust me, I have a weird sense of humor that some people don't udnerstand, lol). But I think the smart remarks and everything in response to other people's posts were inappropriate.
    Just my two cents.

*slowly backs away from flames*
  • arewethereyet
    um... ya... we would probably all be better off not stepping another foot into an Olive Garden. What a dumb, politically correct society we live in! I dare to crack one joke about fat people, and everyone is so bent out of shape! Geez!

I am sorry you disagree with me. I removed my post after rethinking it. I anticiapted this exact response.

It is never funny to make fun of another person. Especially if that person is paying your bills.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    eh, I get her humor. I also understand why those who are insulted took offense to the post. You just have to be careful with these types of jokes.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Man you guys are cranky! I don't think anyone meant to be mean at all.
    I should have gone with what I originally wanted to say, which was simply "trace the ABCs with your tongue..." in response to your "Some eating out advice" headline. ;-)

Best line of the day! Though that method is for amateurs:P

Thanks for the chuckle Red01Angel.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    now we are talking! that is a funny server comment.......or making you run to the back to see if we have any hot chocolate during the evening rush, only to order coffee upon your return......eyeroll!!

Now I feel all self conscious....
    I was a server at a very upscale steakhouse while in college and I'd cry a little bit inside every time someone ordered their beef well done. It's their money and their prerogative if they wanted to eat a $50 lump of charcoal, but it was such a tragic waste of AMAZING meat...
    Might be a bit judgmental, but i couldn't help but think of the poor, prime grade, delicious cow who died just to be ruined. :-P
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member

I was a server at a very upscale steakhouse while in college and I'd cry a little bit inside every time someone ordered their beef well done. It's their money and their prerogative if they wanted to eat a $50 lump of charcoal, but it was such a tragic waste of AMAZING meat...
    Might be a bit judgmental, but i couldn't help but think of the poor, prime grade, delicious cow who died just to be ruined. :-P

Haha, I love that last line. Made me giggle. :D
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member

Or even worse, HOT TEA...ARRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!! That stupid box, trying to be all fancy...I hated searving tea...oh and watching people drink from straws....
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member

lol, i found this amusing, although i always order meat well done :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    i have a funny "fat girl" story...

the other night my boyfriend and i were returning late from a long bike ride (almost 20 mile trip). we had gone down for a business meeting and as we were leaving noticed that there were some tiki torches for sale at a grocery store for a very inexpensive price.

so we bought 10. i put 5 on my bike and he put 5 on his bike strapped to the handlebars.

at that point in the day when it's no longer dusk but not quite night, where the light is so faint, i made out two people on the path and so i didn't hit them with my torches, i yelled "wide load, coming through"

the girl stops and says, "oh, don't be silly."

and i was like "no, seriously." pointing at torches. "wide load."

hahaha
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    What a dumb, politically correct society we live in! I dare to crack one joke about fat people, and everyone is so bent out of shape! Geez!

you actually cracked like 4 of them, but for those of us that don't care what *kitten* think, it doesn't matter.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    What a dumb, politically correct society we live in! I dare to crack one joke about fat people, and everyone is so bent out of shape! Geez!

you actually cracked like 4 of them, but for those of us that don't care what *kitten* think, it doesn't matter.

SON of a NUTcracker!!! hahaha!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196

at that point in the day when it's no longer dusk but not quite night, where the light is so faint, i made out two people on the path and so i didn't hit them with my torches, i yelled "wide load, coming through"

the girl stops and says, "oh, don't be silly."

and i was like "no, seriously." pointing at torches. "wide load."

hahaha

lol, thats funny.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Hey. Did you hear the one about the Fat Guy, the doughnut hole and the Pharmacy?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Bump...I just want to keep up with the thread, it's hilarious!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Hey. Did you hear the one about the Fat Guy, the doughnut hole and the Pharmacy?

no? please do tell!
This discussion has been closed.