Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WHY

13»

Replies

• Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Have you tried dating sites? They introduce you to people outside of your normal circle of people. That's the surest way to broaden your horizons. That, and you'll be looking for someone among women looking for someone like you. Better odds.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    You aren't a bad looking guy, but that selfie you are using isn't going to attract too many lovelies.

I suggest the smiling pic, or similar.
  • bauer1971
    bauer1971 Posts: 70 Member
    You aren't a bad looking guy, but that selfie you are using isn't going to attract too many lovelies.

I suggest the smiling pic, or similar.

I agree!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Read this article - "6 harsh truths that will make you a better person". Google it, it's really good.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Single parent clubs. Absolutely. And take your kid to playdates. Seriously. Talk to people that are there with their kids. THEY ARE DYING TO TALK TO AN ADULT TOO.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Date out of your age group. My best dating experience was with someone 25 years older than me.

But then he died.

Still...
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    You are seeking happiness in big. That is a mistake many unhappy people make. You are looking at others and thinking "I want that". No. That isn't happiness. That is envy. And while there is nothing wrong with trying to get there, many people forget that in order to get there, you need to enjoy the happiness in little doses life gives you.

Happiness is watching your 3 years old nephew steal your ice cream and running around. Not even eating it, just running from me because its funny for him.

Happiness is hanging out with your friends.

Happiness is making your friends laugh at the expense of looking like an idiot.

Happiness is a choice. I know depression and it isn't fun. I still battle with it hard and every day. But I have learned to appreciate the little things and that seemed to have made things better. I hope you find happiness too.

Gosh, now I know why everyone flock to this guy's side. Great answer!

OP, give it time. And if a woman can't accept/tolerate a child from your previous relationship, she's not the one for you and you're better off with someone else. Not saying that she's bad, just that you are a better fit with someone else. And if you really want to take some initiative, try dating sites (or MFP! :laugh: ). But keep in mind that most women at your age is a package deal, too, and you have to be able to accept that.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    You are seeking happiness in big. That is a mistake many unhappy people make. You are looking at others and thinking "I want that". No. That isn't happiness. That is envy. And while there is nothing wrong with trying to get there, many people forget that in order to get there, you need to enjoy the happiness in little doses life gives you.

Happiness is watching your 3 years old nephew steal your ice cream and running around. Not even eating it, just running from me because its funny for him.

Happiness is a choice. I know depression and it isn't fun. I still battle with it hard and every day. But I have learned to appreciate the little things and that seemed to have made things better. I hope you find happiness too.

Just won the best post of the month of July award!
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member

You are wise Taunto

• Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Happiness has more to do with attitude and choice than circumstances.

This works for me: Matthew 6:33
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    cause you lookin in the wong pwaces :P

Been to bars, been set up by friends, blind dates... I am ugly?

wow, "ugly" is not a word I have actually used in years. There have been many posts on MFP regarding the importance of ones looks, in regards to finding a companion/mate. I believe the general consensus was that as we age, looks decend on the priority list and may be replaced with personality traits that are favourable to the one looking for the potential mate/companion. Meaning, focus on your other valuable traits such as personality, confidence, ability to get along with someone etc. Take the time you have now to improve on all the things you have to offer someone. Know what you want. Enjoy life. Find happiness within yourself. Be patient. I hope this helps in some way or other :)
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    You will, when you least expect it, you'll find it.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    I find this slightly funny seeing as OP is the same dude who posted a thread asking about 'risque chat sites' on MFP.

QFFT.

The second F is not a typo.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    bump for later...let me know when you find it.

8488541.png
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    "Learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all..." ~ Whitney
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    "Learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all..." ~ Whitney

the irony.