Do you eat your fitness calories?

Options
1235»

Replies

• megsybeth
    megsybeth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think it's really unkind to say people are masochistic, starving themselves, etc. for making a different choice than you do. If you're going through your day with the energy you need, not crashing, not starving, and you're losing at a steady pace, that's great. The tools here are very helpful but we all know the exercise estimates are totally hit or miss in calorie counts. I plan my meals without exercise and the extras are a bonus. If I would be hungry, feel not up to my exercise, I'd eat more. I also do higher calories on a general day, at least 1400, so I'm not at an aggressive target. I obviously don't judge those who are.

I do keto so I don't log my food every day, just when I need to check in. Because I seem to be able to hit portion control when my hunger swings are stopped by low carb eating. But the tools are very useful for me as well as the community. Especially when we remember we're all adults here and that if someone actually does have an eating disorder, it's something to treat, not something to mock.
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I usually do. I wear a heart rate monitor for cardio and also use a Fitbit. I love to eat, and working out is a great incentive for me because I get to eat more.