How much weight do you want to lose?

Options
I want to reach a healthy BMI for the first time in my adult life. To achieve that I need to lose 35kgs (77lbs).

What about you?

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 140 lbs. It's slightly above normal BMI because I'm a shorty, but it's also the weight I maintained without effort from age 12 to my late twenties, so I kind of feel like it's my "default" if that makes sense. 20 lbs down, 48 to go!
  • davyg5596
    davyg5596 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    43 lbs. Make a nice round 200 lol
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have about 48 more pounds I want to lose
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Right now based on my age and to save my joints to stay physically active well into my 80's, about 25 more pounds.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    10kgs down 10 to go!
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'5 female at 229. I want my bmi to go down to average so I need to lose around 90! I'm trying to get out of the 200 club for my first goal then 180 for the second then 140 for the last round! It's gonna be tough! But I want it so bad. I also suffer from gallstones so I need to do this in order to avoid an emergency surgery. Good luck everyone:)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    In total about 50kg (to reach a bmi of about 22.5).

I have lost 35kg to date. So that's 15 more is like to lose. Another 8kg will put me in the healthy weight range. The other 7kg are partly vanity and partly necessity to help manage some health concerns. Doc and I will figure out exact weight once I reach the healthy weight range based on how I feel and the results of blood exams at that time.
  • Cheery83
    Cheery83 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started out at 92 kg which gave me a bmi of 35.1. Which placed me in the middle of the obese categori.
    My main goal is to reach 65 kg which will give me a BMI of 24.8 which is within the normal range just barely.

Since may I have lost 11 kg and I have 16 to go. I started this with an aim to be done by next may but so far things are going great. I fear becoming happy enough with my weight around 68-72 kg because that has happend before. This time however my main worry is gaining the weight again. I recon I will keep logging for years.
  • lexington88
    lexington88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've got a short(ish) term goal of 76 Kilos (168 lb) for which I'm on 1200 net a day. That's another 12 kilos (26 lb). I chose that weight because even though it's still overweight, it's out of the obese category and I have pictures of myself at that weight where I look fit and healthy. After that, I'm going slow and steady down to 60 kilos (136 lb). Chosen because it is both comfortably in the healthy BMI range and it's a round number. And I like round numbers.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    19 more lbs at the minimum. I may readjust my goal to 120 depending how I feel when I get to 135.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I need to be 150 for a BMI of 23. 15 more pounds to go.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 vanity pounds for a trip to Mexico in November. That will bring me in just under 150 and 5'11 to reach a BMI of 21.

2.6lbs lost the first week. I'm positive...even though this isn't my first rodeo and I know this is a long road.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You're all doing so well! Mini goals are so the way to go :) I am 16.5lbs down with another 11.5lbs to go BUT if I don't feel good that low then it's negotiable. To be happy in my own skin...that's my ultimate goal :)<3
  • Asibaris
    Asibaris Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need to loose about 20-23 kg. I am now 98 kg, but very tall - 183 cm.
    In March, when I started making some change, I was 105 kg.
    I subscribed to MFP on 25th of July since I needed to look out for my eating habits. So far so good.. We'll talk more after I see my results on August 25th.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    40 lbs down
    35-40ish to go probably. Then I might recomp ...
  • mrsmlkp248
    mrsmlkp248 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose a total of 46kg, I am down 26kg so far.
    However, as the weight is coming off and my body shape is changing with weight lifting I think I will reach my goal look and dress size before the weight on the scale.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 30 pounds. Although my BMI finally is at normal level for my height (25.5), my fat was measured at 39.
  • Sweetchikala
    Sweetchikala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started at 210lbs. I've lost 12lbs as at yesterday bringing me down to 198. My goal is 150 so I have 48 more lbs to loose.