How much weight do you want to lose?

Options

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I also started with 77 lbs to lose!

Currently I have 43 more to go to get to a healthy BMI, Ill probably go lower than that once I get there but im not sure.
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 130 (so 116 because I am 5'3.5") but that may not be ideal for me since I've always been obese (like since I was 3 y/o).
    My ideal weight is between 128-135...so I need to lose 111-118lbs
    But I will settle with 143 (which is a bmi of 24.9) if it looks good on me.
  • CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Short term goal...I want to lose 1.8 lbs to get out of the 190's...long term goal 41.7 to reach my goal weight of 150.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I started at 175lbs. I've lost 26 lbs. I'm now 149 lbs. I want to eventually be between 125-130lbs. So 20-25lbs then i switch to maintenance and a bit of weight training. I don't want to be too skinny.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I want to be in the healthy BMI category as an adult. At my starting weight I had a minimum of 90 pounds to lose, but preferably 100. After losing some, I have 30-40 to go. I'm 5'3.5".
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5' 2.5" female. Started at162, down to 143. I'd like to get down to 115-120lbs. 1 lb away from being down 20lbs!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm trying to reach a good performance weight for the sports I like to participate in. I'm 5'10", 46 y.o., female, and medium/large framed.

SW: 248
    CW: 185
    GW: 165-170

So 15-20 to go.
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have about 80lbs to lose. I am aiming for 180lbs just to see how I feel and what I look like since I've been obese my entire life. According to BMI normal for me would be 155lbs which seems low! I've lost 12lbs so far and a lot of inches though I haven't actually measured. I feel a lot better already and my current goal is to lose 30lbs by my birthday December 10.
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    9lbs....its taking forever!! Every time I lose 2lb another one goes on lol

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Getting back down to a healthy BMI was my goal as well. I'm about 10 lbs under the overweight category for my height right now. I wouldn't cry if I lost another 5-10 lbs but I'm not actively trying to lose weight anymore.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 25 lbs. That's my first goal. Once I get there I will see if I want to lose more. My goal weight is 125 lbs. I'm only 4'11 though so it's high for my height.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    At 5'5 and 248, want to get to 120-130 so 118-128 lbs to lose for me.
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Total? 138 to lose half my starting weight. It's about 16 more lbs.
  • Salera_west
    Salera_west Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have an exact weight I'm looking for. I want something in healthy BMI that I feel good about. I'm guessing about 120lb, that was my comfort weight before I started on BC which made me gain 15lbs and than I kinda gave up. I've lost 8lbs and have 21lbs to go that means. I plan on going a little lower than I want to maintain so I can figure out my food without worrying too much about gain. Healthy weight for me is between 98 and 132
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    12 to 13 pounds to get to back to 100. I'd also like to get my body fat percentage which the scale tells me is 30% down to the low 20s. I'm a little under 5'2".

It sounds like nothing, but it's hard.
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Body Composition is a better gauge. BMI can be misleading depending on your muscle mass. http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/normal-ranges-of-body-weight-and-body-fat
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I want to lose 25 lbs. That's my first goal. Once I get there I will see if I want to lose more. My goal weight is 125 lbs. I'm only 4'11 though so it's high for my height.

I understand. I'm about 5'2" and I can't carry too much weight. I'm 112 and because of fat distribution and fat percentage. I look ungainly. When I was younger, I weighed much less. I was more active, had a faster metabolism and had more willpower.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85lbs, I want to lose about 70-80lbs more.
  • EmoraEmora
    EmoraEmora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    109 lbs total, so I have another 101 to go! Seems so far away. Trying to make it day by day and not give up.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Salasel wrote: »
    Body Composition is a better gauge. BMI can be misleading depending on your muscle mass. http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/normal-ranges-of-body-weight-and-body-fat

This is mostly true for men. It would be a very small percentage of women who could have a BMI outside the healthy range and a healthy BF%.

And BF% is a lot harder to measure. Even the most accurate methods have an margin of error. And most people rely on cheap methods.