Cringe

Options
13»

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    This one time when i was a high school senior i was at the mall(with my mom) and was walking around hot topic and there was this cutie and i said "hey, you dropped something" and she was all freaking out checking the floor and i told her "My jaw" and she was flattered and into it and we talked some and she told me she was a freshman at a local college and i told her i was a senior at a local high school and she totally flipped gears. Final nail in the coffin was when i told her i had to go find my mom.

Smooth AF :D
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    What's the most cringeworthy thing you've ever done to impress someone you were interested in? What's the worst thing someone has done to impress you? Did it work?

When I was 17, I was at a pool party with a guy I was really crushing on. I decided it was going to be so impressive to dive into the pool and showcase how great of a swimmer I was? I don't know. In any case, I dove in, hit the bottom like a rock with my chin. When I came up for air there was no skin left on my chin and I'm bleeding all into the water like a monster. People were freaking out because the water was making it look like there was so much more blood than there really was. Pretty much killed the party and humiliated myself at the same time. Not to mention the fact that there was no way to hide it so I had to relive it every time someone asked about my chin while it took its sweet time healing. I did marry him a few years later so I guess it worked. I still cringe when I think back on it.

What's your story?

So wait, your top didn't come off during your dive?

What a waste of story.

If it helps.. It was over my head, so still showing all.. :s
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Waaaay back in tenth grade (1993), I befriended a bunch of heavy metal/stoner girls to get closer to a guy I had a huge crush on. I didn't really like their music (was more of a goth/new wave chick) but I found some of it I liked and embraced that hardcore, hung out with these girls, etc... I thought I could get serious intel on this guy. I was right. Turned out he wasn't for me after briefly dating, but we're still good friends AND I am still good friends with most of those girls, too, and a few other guys from their crew...so I guess it was not so terrible. But I still cringe a little bit at how methodically I went about it...that's so not me...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to impress but this memory is still cringe worthy to think about.

When I first started high-school my best friend and I basically stalked a guy who was 5 years older than us. We went to the office and got a copy of his class schedule and would follow him around between classes. When he wasn't around we followed his girlfriend around talking about how hot he was.

I don't think he minded too much, he'd always have this smirky smile when he noticed us.