124»

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me I suffer from the same thing from time to time
  • DarcyGibbs
    Options
    Here is a link to a blog post i wrote that covers this subject, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DarcyGibbs/view/psychological-vs-physiological-vs-physiological-hysteric-hunger-447010 - you may find some useful info there. I also suffer from binge eating and more recently bulemic spells, I have been making great progress in the past month and am on my way I feel to recovery. I am happy to have anyone add me who needs support or advice, I am pretty well read nutritionally and know where you guys are coming from!

Best of luck,
    Darcy.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Do you know what happens immediately before you binge? Do you what triggers this is there a pattern? Have you considered doing some journaling, not just about food but what you are feeling and thinking and times, circumstances?

Hi Sew Weaver! How have you been? (Sorry unrelated to OP I know)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I was a binge eater for a long time and honestly, the only thing that helped was to "stop" trying to diet. After I went for a few weeks allowing myself to eat what I wanted throughout the day without worrying about it I A) only gained like 2 lbs and B) when I went back to eating on a "diet" (not really a diet) I just made some healthier choices and included unhealthy choices. I don't tell myself no ever. I tell myself, "just eat some". So instead of maybe eating 4 pieces of cake and a box of pizza in one sitting, Maybe during the week I'll have a piece of cake and some pizza, maybe some truffles and a chocolate bar or something spread throughout the week. This way of eating has really helped a lot, and helped with my weight yoyoing. Now I'm back to steadily losing weight, and I don't feel angry at myself when I eat something bad because its "allowed"

Wow. That's awesome you were able to overcome your struggle with Binge Eating. Do you suggest I just eat healthfully (like sensible portions) and eat that way without writing things down all day for a few weeks? I know I am accountable. I think I just get too hung up over counting calories, when I KNOW how to eat to stay healthy. I have yo-yo'ed for the past 2 years. Went from weighing 110 to 115 now 127. so frustrating! I'm 5'2". Thanks for the info :)

How big is your planned deficit? If you are restricting too much, it will likely cause binging.

I'm asking because you don't have a lot to lose, so a big deficit is harder to maintain.
  • softballislife7
    softballislife7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Please please pleaseeee watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFuOEA0oKWY

This isnt me but it is certainly helping me through my binging problems
  • nazish17
    nazish17 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater. It has been on going for over 15 yrs. I go in cycles of 6-8 mos at a time. It's either all or nothing for me. I am very depressed when in the binge mode, and doing great when I am eating healthy and exercising. Tuesday I see a therapist for help. I am so tired of this destruction. I have been told if you don't stop binge eating or learn to control it, you will never reach your wt loss goal or be able to maintain your wt. I am a firm believer it is all psychological as well. I know how to lose weight successfully...my mind prevents me from doing so. It literally keeps me from living a happy, healthy life. Getting to the root of "why" is the only way I think I will learn to cope with this eating disorder. Being consumed by the thought of food all day is not normal. I know I need to learn to face my feelings straight on....and not eat them.

The best part is knowing there are others who understand this and can truly relate. Good luck everyone.