What are the main reason behind your failed diet attempts?

Options
12346»

Replies

• HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Resolutioner bump. Happy New Year everybody!
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    things got really busy and I dropped the ball.
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For me I just stopped caring. Got tired of the grind. Then I woke up one day and said “if I would have just continued then...” The regret was a lot to over come but I just kept making excuses.

I also binged out on junk food at night out of boredom and depression. I ate fast food 4 times a day out of convenience. But that was the past.

This year has been tough, but I’ve been able to keep focus and get results and it’s kept me motivated. I also keep my wife and kids in my mind as motivation. I know I won’t be able to be around and provide for them if I give up and balloon back to 320 lbs again.
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A bad relationship with food, an all or nothing mindset, doing it for all the wrong reasons caused me to fail quite a few times. Much more successful now that my relationship with food improved, learned balance, and doing it for me!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Thinking that denying myself of treats and the like would be key to weight loss. Under MFP calorie monitoring system, I have learned that needn't be so; indeed I can enjoy those things and stay happy, so long as I stay under my calorie goals and continue my exercise patterns. My result? I closed out 2019 43 pounds down (from 281 in May). There is something to this!!
  • FoodBodyChanges
    FoodBodyChanges Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feeling hungry - either my stomach not feeling satiated (too little volume) or feeling "false hunger" as described by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    Every time I do good ....something derails me ...like having 3 deaths close to each other in 2010 ..or getting injured like what happened in 2019....I am restarting my journey again and hopefully this time will be the last time I start ....
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    So many of the above....!! Giving up before I had hardly even gotten started. Being an emotional eater, stress drove me to eat 75% of the time. Now it's boredom which seems to be easier to fill without food than stress was.
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Being ill, I have multiple medical problems and when one or more of them flare it’s so much harder to keep on track. I get so fatigued that I end up eating/drinking fast energy high calorie foods/drinks just to stay awake (I need to stay awake as I have a 9 year old autistic daughter who doesn’t understand dangers and a hubby that works til 10pm), it also means my movement is reduced because of pain/nausea/exhaustion. When I’m well I can drop weight quickly and easily, just not do easy during a flare
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Not being consistent with calorie deficit and or staying at maintenance calories. Eating more calories than I should be.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I get lazy and stop paying attention, and go back to what I call my "frat-boy diet" of pizza, burgers, and alcohol. This has happened several times after reaching my goal of around 140. This time, trying to come back down from an all-time high of 180, I try to remind myself how much easier it would be if this time I save those kinds of things for weekend treats and stay on the wagon with healthy foods for the majority of the time. We'll see how I do. I've got another 10 pounds to go until I'm back in the mid-140's.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Laziness and boredom. Simple as that for me.