Coconut Oil good for weight loss, lowers cholesteral, arthritis, dementia and altzheimers--Who Knew?

Options
2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil makes truly yummy popcorn.

All those other claims, nope. ;)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It's contraindicated for people with familial hypercholesterolemia. Hard pass.

das me unfortunately :(
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

And me. I'll live. I love coconut, and if I want something coconut flavored, I'd rather save the splurge for something that has actual coconut, not just the oil.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

me too or me 3? lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wasn't there buzz lately that the latest studies found it to be "worse than butter" or something? I don't like riding buzz trains so I'm not sure what was the exact issue with it.

Sat fat. I thought that claim was pretty weak, actually, but the idea that it's better than butter or olive oil or the calories don't count is even worse.

I use it for cooking because I really like the flavor in some things. I would not eat it plain, ugh, and don't think it does anything special -- wish the idea of magical weight loss foods would go away already.