Brussel sprouts recipes?

Options
jpapale07
jpapale07 Posts: 12 Member
I just recently discovered I like brussel sprouts, but I have no clue how to prepare them. Does anyone have any recipes?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love them grated raw with mayo and lemon juice.
    Sauteed in bacon fat is lovely as well.
  • aguy0980
    aguy0980 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I roast mine in the oven with turkey bacon, whole garlic (don't chop) and a little onion. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and rosemary. Coat with a little olive oil and bake at 400 for about 20 mins.

When not avoiding sugar...I roast turkey bacon and whole garlic with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar sprinkled on it. Extra Pepper and olive oil to season. same Bake time. This sort of reminds me of candied bacon or maple bacon.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Blanche, cover with salt, pepper and a bit of muscat, grate some fresh parmesan over. (Now I want brussels sprouts. They are not in season though.)

Also: cut in halves (or quarters, depending on size), fry in a pan. Add curry mix and coconut milk. Serve with rice. Yum!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    aguy0980 wrote: »
    I roast mine in the oven with turkey bacon, whole garlic (don't chop) and a little onion. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and rosemary. Coat with a little olive oil and bake at 400 for about 20 mins.

When not avoiding sugar...I roast turkey bacon and whole garlic with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar sprinkled on it. Extra Pepper and olive oil to season. same Bake time. This sort of reminds me of candied bacon or maple bacon.

I roast mine too. Put them on a foil lined baking sheet. Same temp and time. Half or quarter them if you want them tender crisp. If you want them crispy with brown bits and edges, slice them. I use olive oil, salt, pepper or other seasoning depending on my mood. It may sound strange but sometimes I will drizzle with balsamic vinegar before I serve. The sweet vinegar it great with the bitter sprouts.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    thinly sliced, sauteed in coconut oil, sprinkled with thai seasoning salt (added fresh thai basil is great)
  • aguy0980
    aguy0980 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes, I cut them in halves or quarters depending on size. I love Balsamic, so I will try that too!!!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Roasted with evoo, salt and pepper. Roast them on high heat until they're very crispy. Simple and delicious.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

mmm that looks really good!

I love skinnytaste recipes in general (haven't had a bad one from her yet) - this is what she has for brussel sprouts recipes:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/?s=brussel+sprouts&submit=
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Roasted in the oven with olive oil, garlic salt and paprika. Simple. Roasted until blackening on outer leaves
  • jpapale07
    jpapale07 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! They all sound great!
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like simple, I boil frozen brussel sprouts according to package and dip in fat free Italian salad dressing.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast them until they're black and crispy on the outside. Yum!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    thinly sliced, sauteed in coconut oil, sprinkled with thai seasoning salt (added fresh thai basil is great)

Yes! I like to slice them so it's almost like they are shredded. I saute in garlic and bacon grease with salt and a little red pepper flake. So delicious!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I get the french onion soup packets and then mix halved brussel sprouts, french onion soup powder(you might not use all of it at once) and olive oil, then bake in the oven at 375 until tender and slightly browned.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Had some yesterday at a restaurant they were grilled then topped with grated parmesan, crispy bacon and balsamic...SOOOO GOOD!!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Best thing ever:

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/michael-symon/roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-a-bacon-mustard-and-walnut-vinaigrette-2109595

You can, of course, make a healthier version using turkey bacon, but this is worth factoring calories into your day!
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I cut about 9 ones in half, then dip the halves in almost-melted coconut oil, put them on a foil-lined baking sheet & sprinkle on salt & pepper. I then bake 'em in a 365 degree oven for 40 minutes, turning them over every 10 minutes. I'd like to truly "roast" them but I've read that coconut oil can't take the high heat? Anyway, this recipe has turned me from a hater to an absolute craver of Brussel sprouts!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Best thing ever:

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/michael-symon/roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-a-bacon-mustard-and-walnut-vinaigrette-2109595

You can, of course, make a healthier version using turkey bacon, but this is worth factoring calories into your day!

turkey bacon is a sin against nature :)