Body Type

Options
nelja
nelja Posts: 282 Member
What is your body type? Have you changed your diet macros's or exercise to match that?I am a ENDOMORPH .Did it make a difference?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    Options
    Body types were all the thing when I started body building in the early 1990s ... but at some point between now and then, that concept has lost popularity.
  • nelja
    Options
    so you guys think it is not relavant any more?I found a few sites and they all suggest that I do as little carbs as possible,but more protein and fat.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    There's some evidence that "apple shaped" body types, which store more visceral fat, tend to be more sensitive to high carbohydrate intake than the "pear shaped" body type. :+1:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    What is your body type? Have you changed your diet macros's or exercise to match that?I am a ENDOMORPH .Did it make a difference?
    Don't fall for the somatotyping BS. Not even developed by a physiologist, but by a psychologist. If you need to lose weight, then eat less than you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nelja
    Options
    That is good to hear.Yes you can find all kinds of nonsense on the internet.But I will still try to eat a little less carbs.I do think that is a problem for me.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    SkinnyAF
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My body type: works out, but likes steak and potatoes.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My body type: powerlifter...

...look strong and fit, but out of breath when I climbed the stairs of a water slide.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're a Xenomorph.

You beat me to it!

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    xandra47 wrote: »
    It's worked for me! I've lost alot more inches since adjusting my macros for my body type. :)

The only problem with this statement is that the body 'types' weren't based on genetics or anything remotely scientific - they were defined by a psychiatrist and were based on feelz...
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    xandra47 wrote: »
    It's worked for me! I've lost alot more inches since adjusting my macros for my body type. :)

I am going to try it.My husband always says,take what works for you and through out the rest.

So you will buy into the nonsense instead of listening to people who have been there and know better? Why did you even ask?

Seriously folks, why is it so easy to fall for snake oil? I will never understand this.