Contacts... Yay or Nay?

2»

Replies

• adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    I absolutely loved my contacts until I needed multiple focals. After that I quit wearing them.

yes. people either love or hate the multifocal contacts. also a consideration if you need bifocals currently in your eyeglasses
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    I used to wear contacts, but sometimes you will get dust or something in your eye and feel tempted to scratch or itch your eye. Well that is the same feeling you'll have if something gets under the lens; I knew better but I rubbed anyways. Scratched my cornea, luckily it healed over 24 hours, but I have been terrified to wear contacts ever since.

My eyes are really bad, and I have astigmatism, so getting surgery is not an option. I just accessorize with multiple different frames and what not instead. I don't take them off for photos normally, either.

4 eyes 4 life!
  • Rofl. Who gives a ****? LAME thread.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    I used to wear glasses from when I was 9 until I was 15. And then I made the big switch to contacts. Never looked back. Then at 20 I got a LASIK done. That's it for visual aids for me.
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    I love them, but can't wear them. As my doctor said, "They would actually make your vision worse." I just don't do anything in my glasses. I workout more now (long walk in the heat so really sweaty on my face) and the slide and slide and slide. So I leave them at home I'm just really careful when I walk so I don't go off the curb or run into a tree. I am fuzzy without my glasses. Good luck.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Yay! For sure man. Traded in the glasses back in 2008, and haven't looked back. I still keep a pair of glasses for around the house. They will take some time getting used to them at first, but in the long run it's one of the best decisions you can make.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    i loved them, and the technology just keeps getting better! What about dailies, where you don't even have to store them, you just chuck them out at the end of the day
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Depends...

I love having them for things like skiing, swimming, and on really rainy days, when my glasses fog up.

I hate them during allergy season, when they've been in my eyes too long, and when I'm trying to read. I work on a computer all day and find that I get a headache from the contacts sometimes, so I don't really wear them to work if I know I'm going to be in front of a screen all day.

So I say get one box for each eye (unless they're the same script, then one box of six gives you 3 pair) and see what fits your needs. No sense in shelling out a couple of hundred for a year's supply if you can't wear them, hate them, or aren't diligent with cleaning them.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Rofl. Who gives a ****? LAME thread.

Good talk, the back button is in the top left. Thanks for stopping in and giving us that amazing commentary.

Again, thank you guys, going to get a trial of them and see how it works. If Lasik wasn't expensive I would look into that. However, it is so... ugh.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    My dads an optometrist, so I've been wearing them since I was about 12? I love them, especially when I'm working out, I don't have my glasses sliding down my nose!

What brand are you looking at? Daily disposables, monthlies? I found myself tearing a few monthly lenses when I was cleaning them, so for convenience I generally use dailies, but it's probably not as economic?
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    I absolutely loved my contacts until I needed multiple focals. After that I quit wearing them.

I thought you could get progressive contacts?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member

You can, but they can be a lot more expensive and a hassle if they shift while you're wearing them.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member

You can, but they can be a lot more expensive and a hassle if they shift while you're wearing them.

I was hoping they would work; I really don't like wearing glasses. Progressive lenses area lot more expensive too.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    My dads an optometrist, so I've been wearing them since I was about 12? I love them, especially when I'm working out, I don't have my glasses sliding down my nose!

What brand are you looking at? Daily disposables, monthlies? I found myself tearing a few monthly lenses when I was cleaning them, so for convenience I generally use dailies, but it's probably not as economic?

Not 100% sure yet, going to stop by the optometrist some time this week to see if I am able to get them. I would probably like to use the dailies, but not sure. I don't think I would trust myself to clean them like I should (*have lazy moments*) not only that I seem to pass out randomly on the chair when I get home from work, so I am sure that would dry them out terribly.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    I used to, I'm more a glasses person now. Contacts are too
    high maintenance to me.