• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Rachel7575 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Rachel7575 wrote: »
    tgcakef wrote: »
    Have I tried it? No.
    Does it work? If you are in caloric deficit, anything will work.

More to the point, is it necessary? No. Is it a smart idea? No. Restriction diets, and fad diets are rarely a good idea, both health wise, and weight loss wise. You will likely put any weight you lost right back on. In addition, weight lost is likely water weight.

If you want to lose weight, eat at a caloric deficit. If you want to lose weight healthily, eat a variety of food with a reasonable caloric deficit. If you want to keep the weight off, understand that this is a lifestyle change, and ensure that the 'diet' you are on is sustainable.

Thanks for your input, at this point I feel like I've tried everything.. that's why when I saw this I didn't think it would be bad, but I see the downfall it has.

Have you tried....
    Entering your stats, goal, and reasonable rate of loss in MFP
    Letting MFP calculate a target calorie goal with a deficit built in
    Eating a variety of foods within that calorie goal that provide nutrition, satiety and enjoyment
    Logging everything you eat as accurately and honestly as possible, ideally using a food scale
    Exercising for a number of fitness benefits and eating back a portion of those calories when you log them in MFP
    Being patient and consistent and having realistic expectations about your results?

Because I guarantee if you do that, you will see the long term results you are looking for and build habits that you can carry from weight loss to weight maintenance... and will no longer feel like you need to "try everything".

I believe I have all of that down pact except for the "being patient" part.. it's so frustrating :( but yes I do log my food in MFP not so much the exercise because I don't feel it's accurate versus calories out

How much weight do you have to lose total?
    What are your current stats and what do you have your rate of loss set at? Are you losing at that rate now, and just wish to go faster? Or are you not losing weight at all?
    What calorie goal did MFP provide?
    Do you use a digital food scale for logging your food?
    How do you estimate the calorie burns from exercise? What sort of exercise do you do, for how long and how often?
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad, we went so long without mention of the military diet that I almost forgot about it lol guess I've been too focused on ACV! :D
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Glad for all the sensible responses!