Options
    Flash fan fic.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This.
    rtnx5y1g6y68.jpg

Check out "the adventure zone" podcast if you like the fantasy stuff! Any terry prachett or gaiman for you?

I second this!! I just finished it up last week and it was really, really good. I liked it so much I supported the show by buying a Taako shirt, lol. :D

I love it, i want to find a magnus shirt to work out it, im on the eleventh hour story now

I really wish they'd put one up with Merle on it with the flowers in his beard and his Extreme Teen Bible. Just a warning, be prepared for onion ninjas toward the end of the campaign. I'm not an emotional person, but I bawled at the end.

Just sayin'.
  • Mark_Joseph
    Mark_Joseph Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill
  • rickmillercpil
    rickmillercpil Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Y Is For Yesterday by Sue Grafton, Making Money by Terry Pratchett, The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and one of the Inspector Morse books I can't name just now. Can you say "short attention span?"
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy. It's amazing :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    In My Own Way by Alan Watts...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

I bought a used hardbound copy of this for a dollar.
    I'm looking at it right now. It just sits on an end table in our family room.
    Great author with great cover art.

I believe the cover art is by a gentleman by the name of Chip Kidd; he's the best in the business.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

I believe the cover art is by a gentleman by the name of Chip Kidd; he's the best in the business.

Read it now
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    Options
    People magazine
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    People magazine

Any hot gossip?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

Read it now

it's on the hit parade; it's the only Murakami book that I haven't read
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

Read it now

it's on the hit parade; it's the only Murakami book that I haven't read

My buddy was like "read this" and i was like "no" then when the b&n staff told me to read it i figured i should give it a shot
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    Finally getting around to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I just picked up that book this weekend so I can finally read it.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    jenready wrote: »

Its dense, but good
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    jenready wrote: »

Its dense, but good

Dense is a good way to describe it.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just finished watching Black Sails and it put me in the mood to read Treasure Island.
  • bluestocking06
    bluestocking06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Handmaid's Tale and have now started the princess diarist and anne of green gables. (I just watched Anne with an E on Netflix and I never read them as a kid, so I'm weirdly excited about it)

Also for the kindle vs book conversation, I'll say it takes getting used to, but I went to the Peace Corps and there was just no way I was going to be able to take all the books I would need to keep me reading for the 2 plus years, and now I love it. Mostly for convience factor. I also LOVE the overdrive app, which lets me borrow books from the library instantly on my kindle. It's saved me so much time/money in the past few years. (Only book I bought was the cursed child, which.... I want my 20 dollars back)
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Just finished The Handmaid's Tale and have now started the princess diarist and anne of green gables. (I just watched Anne with an E on Netflix and I never read them as a kid, so I'm weirdly excited about it)

Also for the kindle vs book conversation, I'll say it takes getting used to, but I went to the Peace Corps and there was just no way I was going to be able to take all the books I would need to keep me reading for the 2 plus years, and now I love it. Mostly for convience factor. I also LOVE the overdrive app, which lets me borrow books from the library instantly on my kindle. It's saved me so much time/money in the past few years. (Only book I bought was the cursed child, which.... I want my 20 dollars back)

Thank you for bringing up a free kindle book app, also i love my kindle, also how did you like the ha dmaid's tale?
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just started the first of ten (?) Camilla Lackberg books. So far so good!