Options
2»

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    susanayt97 wrote: »
    Hey guys!
    Is there any combination of fruits and/or vegetables that I could have as a snack in the afternoon? Under 100 or 150 calories?
    Most days I have 8 or 9 hours between lunch and dinner, so it would be cool if it was pretty filling as well :D

They don't need to be in a combination. I just eat any fruit or vegetable I want to eat.
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    A whole bowl of frozen microwave steamable broccoli is 100 cals or less. 135 grams (about half a bowl) clocked in at 48 cals, last time I logged it.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    A whole bowl of frozen microwave steamable broccoli is 100 cals or less. 135 grams (about half a bowl) clocked in at 48 cals, last time I logged it.

This!! Mix in some egg whites, fat free cheese and salsa and you'd be under 200.
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »

This!! Mix in some egg whites, fat free cheese and salsa and you'd be under 200.

I tend to throw whatever weight a serving is of those precooked Hormel prepared meats (pot roast, etc) onto half a bowl of that broccoli and end up with a filling dish for around 200 cals and perfect cutting macros.
  • WyoSunKat
    WyoSunKat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoy celery sticks with lemon yogurt as a light calorie and healthy snack option. The celery keeps me satisfied and the yogurt makes the celery tasty without adding the calories that peanut butter does.
  • sueblue77
    sueblue77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A half cup of cottage cheese 1% milkfat is only 80 calories and has lots of protein. Add any fruit or veggie you like to it. Chery tomatoes or peaches/pears for example.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I'd add a small amount of nuts, PB, or cheese to the fruit of vegetable, otherwise I wouldn't find it filling at all.

One of my favorite snacks is a hard boiled egg and a half ounce of sunflower seeds, which is 169 calories. You could reduce the amount of seeds slightly to stay under 150.
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Today I tried 150 gr of grated beetroot and an apple (+ black pepper and lemon juice). It's RIDICULOUS how full my bowl was, could barely mix it all together. It was just a bit over 100 calories and I couldn't even eat it all at once. It's not amazing, but I think I'll keep it for when my brain wants food when it doesn't need it. But I guess it's not great for my 9 hour interval. I'll follow what you guys said and do soup and a little protein!