i accidentally ate a donut after my breakfast

Options

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    I like donuts and lots of other sweets. I have a rule not to eat them "as food." Meaning, I avoid having a meal of sweets (as much as possible). I also avoid eating casually, as in, I try to pass on free junk food at work. "Rules" or "habits" are the main defense against poor choices of all kinds.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My simple answer to you is so what. You're going to have your ups and downs during this journey. Just shrug it off and start over tomorrow again you can't be perfect every day nobody is it's a matter of learning our mistakes and using that as a lesson for the next time

For this journey to be successful it has to be a lifetime commitment that's doable don't look at this as a diet look at this as a total lifestyle change. Enjoy the journey as you go along I hope you had a great time at your brother's birthday party
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    i had a egg wrap but then i saw a donut and i ate it and now i dont have a lot of calories left and its my brothers birthday we are gonna go to a restaurant at night

Hey accidents happen. :)
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    i had a egg wrap but then i saw a donut and i ate it and now i dont have a lot of calories left and its my brothers birthday we are gonna go to a restaurant at night

So you had an egg wrap for breakfast, followed by a donut and now you're almost out of calories for the entire day? What is the total amount of calories you're supposed to have in a day?

it was big smores donut
    i logged the egg wrap and my iced tea and the big donut and the cake bites im gonna have later and the yogurt I have to eat to help my stomach and the lunch but then I have none left for the birthday dinner

Poor planning.

Yeah, and I'd say the 2,800 calories' worth of fried bread is a much bigger problem than your doughnut.
  • b_fanger
    b_fanger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat the doughnut and go for a walk then eat the cake and go for a walk. Get tired of walking don't eat a second doughnut
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    zjpq wrote: »
    I'm sorry you were attacked by a donut

A donut, a bag of McDonald's, a parakeet, millet, career counselors, a dog grooming shoppe, wayward nursing personnel, some overweight people just passing through minding their own business, the elderly, some dirty bums. The list goes on.

LOL
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    All joking aside, it sounds like you are already at a healthy weight for your height. Is the reason for the calorie restriction the constipation? 110 pounds goal weight you are heading towards the lower end of the BMI range.

I think you could have your cake and eat it in this instance and moving forward. Your maintenance calories are quite a bit more than 1200. Have you thought about a less strict/steep deficit? You only want to go down by 9 lbs. This might help with being able to add in more doughnuts and what not into your daily calorie allowance, without having to become anxious...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    This thread made me want a doughnut
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    So, when does your school start? Here in the U.S. it's starting this week.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »

So you had an egg wrap for breakfast, followed by a donut and now you're almost out of calories for the entire day? What is the total amount of calories you're supposed to have in a day?

it was big smores donut
    i logged the egg wrap and my iced tea and the big donut and the cake bites im gonna have later and the yogurt I have to eat to help my stomach and the lunch but then I have none left for the birthday dinner

Poor planning.

Yeah, and I'd say the 2,800 calories' worth of fried bread is a much bigger problem than your doughnut.

i didnt eat 2800 calories of fried bread we went to the restaurant i didnt order anything but I kept stealing bites of things my mom or brother ordered and I just over estimated to 2800 calories to be safe so i know that i have to eat less this week to make up for that
    i couldnt log exactly everything because when i got home i forgot the name of the dishes because they were mexican

Okay, I think maybe a better plan would have been ordering something sensible for yourself and eating it, instead of setting out not to eat and then stealing bites of high calorie food from other people. Mexican food can be tricky because depending on how it's prepared the same dish can be wildly different in calories, but usually you can get them to make you some grilled veggies, eat a reasonable portion of meat, fish or beans, avoid eating too much cheese, and it won't be too high in calories.

Losing nine pounds in two weeks is not a healthy rate of loss, especially for someone your size.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    This means high school or younger. Universities start much earlier than that.