Why did I gain weight?

Options
So....I weighed 8st lb 5 days ago. I walk a minimum of 21000 steps a day everyday. I eat 2000 calories a day to maintain my weight, 1800 if I over indulge.

My question is, we had a few days away, visiting a few historical gardens etc. I still walked minimum 21000 sometimes 32000 ate roughly 2100 to 2300 cals a day. I log religiously and I don't lie on it.

Got home today and I'm 9st 1lb

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    If you were eating restaurant meals, you probably a) ate more calories than you think, b) ate a lot more sodium than usual. The weight will probably go away quickly.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Did you take a plane to get there? Flying can add a heck of a lot of temporary water weight which will dissipate in a few days. Ditto on excess sodium.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    psicocat wrote: »
    So....I weighed 8st lb 5 days ago. I walk a minimum of 21000 steps a day everyday. I eat 2000 calories a day to maintain my weight, 1800 if I over indulge.

My question is, we had a few days away, visiting a few historical gardens etc. I still walked minimum 21000 sometimes 32000 ate roughly 2100 to 2300 cals a day. I log religiously and I don't lie on it.

Got home today and I'm 9st 1lb

Wait, you gained a stone (14lb) in 5 days? Are you sure those numbers are correct?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Were you using different scales?
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Couple months ago I was abroad and ate all kinds of weird things at different restaurants. I gained over 5 kg of water weight in 5 days.
    That extra weight went away in a week, once I was back home with my usual routine.