Really Large Calves

Options
124»

Replies

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    They are fine. They are curvy, but they are not fat. Even as a teenager I had to buy wide leg riding boots as the ordinary ones didn't go over my calves - and I was not fat. before I lost weight I did have to buy wide-leg boots as nothing would go over my calves - not even stretchy fabric ones. Now I can sometimes get boots to fit off the shelf, sometimes not depending on the cut (just like why I've got trousers and jeans ranging from size 12 (UK) to size 16 - some brands won't go over my legs, some will!).
    Your legs are about the same shape as mine but mine are fatter, especially on the thighs (at the top). You clearly have no fat or cellulite so I wouldn't worry. If you lose more weight you might lose muscle on your legs - also it can show on your face and make you look older! (Well, it does at my age!)
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options

18.5" here, but some of it is fat so here is hoping. Boots are not the only thing I have given up on. Straight legged jeans are a no go.

Oh for sure - they're hopeless!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It looks shapely, proportional, and like a regular, strong, calf muscle.

Many women don't stash a lot of fat in their calves. Since its probably mostly muscle, the only way *I* can think of to get those calves smaller smaller would be to contract some kind of wasting disease. But don't do that.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Your legs are gorgeous & perfect!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey, I've been wondering what is wrong with my calves. I'm already relatively thin (5'5" and 105-110 lbs) but my calves are huge, even compared to people certainly heavier than I am.

Here are some pics:

What am I doing wrong? Is my only way more weight loss?

Whoah. :o Seriously? Either you are looking for compliments on what appear to be perfectly normal looking calves, or you have serious body image issues if you think those are large.

They actually look a bit skinny to me.