The snacking phenomenon..

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just like snack foods, so I work them in.
  • dhau2015
    dhau2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I snack in between meals when I start to feel hungry. I have breakfast around 7:30, a snack at 10, lunch at 12:30, a snack around 3:00 and supper around 6:00 on a typical weekday/work day. When I'm home on the weekends I am usually off schedule and snack less.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm not a snacker, but I label my daily afternoon green smoothie as a 'snack' since it's between my two main meals.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I snack when I am hungry or when I am starting to feel hungry and the next meal isn't in sight. I get very hangry so I try to snack when I need to.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I usually have a mid afternoon snack and an early evening snack...I don't eat dinner until 8:30 usually, so noon to 8:30 is a long time to go without food. Usually some nuts and fruit for my afternoon snack...evening snack is just whatever.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely snack between meals. Occasionally I'll have chips & salsa while dinner is cooking on the weekend.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday I eat an ounce of wasabi almonds at 10AM (breakfast at 6 and lunch at 12) and a banana before the gym at 4. I eat the almonds to take the edge off of my mid morning hunger (and help meet my fat macro which I set pretty high) and the banana to give myself some carbs before my workout. I guess my snacks are pretty lame but I do love those almonds.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Almost never. I'm just not a snacks person. Even when I didn't care at all about calories, the only time I would snack was if coworkers/family brought me a random brownie or donut or something like that.

The only time I have a snack now is when I am going on a big hike or something else very physical before lunch and have a protein bar or some nuts...or if I've just done one of those things and it's a long while until dinner, then I may get ice cream or something, more like a dessert before my evening meal.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. I usually eat dinner at 6 and go to bed at 1 or 2:00. That leads to snacks every couple of hours on some days, especially if I run longer or harder. My hunger is usually a pretty good indicator that I haven't eaten enough.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Never really been a snacking sort of person. I much prefer to just have larger meals. In the evening, I leave space between my main meal and what I count as dessert (Greek Yoghurt with nuts, seeds & fruit). I suppose the main thing I have that I would consider a snack is the individual serving of breakfast biscuits I take to bed with me.
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Snacks help keep my blood sugar normal and prevents those lulls, personally. I tend to have a small one between breakfast and lunch, then another small, protein-based one after the gym, between lunch and dinner.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love to snack! Watching football with coffee and a snack in my Jammie's on the couch. Just describing what my Sunday afternoon will look like this week!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I normally have a protein bar for an afternoon snack around 3:00.
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't snack. Having cookies and ice cream because you work out is a bad habit. If you must snack, at least make it worth the calories. You may be under your daily goal but not putting fuel in your body. After all, that is all food is and like a car, it doesn't run right with the wrong fuel.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,972 Member
    Options
    I feel the urge to snack much less now that I have higher protein and lower carb meals. (I'm not low carb, but did find reducing them helpful.)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I try not to so that I can have a bigger dinner but sometimes I do and it's because I'm hungry or because there's some type of food available that I want to eat
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I snack at work but I try to make them small (fruit, etc.). It helps me feel full and not as hangry that I may otherwise get. o:)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't. I prefer not to and to just eat regular meals.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    For a lot of years I had some pretty intense low blood sugar crashes. Even though the doc said I was in the normal range I started eating more of a hypoglycemic/diabetic diet. Higher protein, less refined carbs and more frequently throughout the day. So I snack because I don't like those crashes, they're like hangry on steroids. I eat three moderate meals and three small snacks a day and rarely have a crash anymore.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I just eat all the *kitten* time. I have like no self control.