Craving Carbs

Options
Hi All

REALLY NEED HELP
I have been trying to adjust my bad eating habits and loss weight but I remain to be at the same place for so long now.
The reason is basicly carbs. All of a sudden I crave them as an addict and eat A LOT. Mostly late at night but it happens in the morning too.
Any advises to stop this? :'(

Replies

• OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What are your current stats and what's your weekly weight loss goal/how many calories are you eating a day? Also, if you make your food diary public we can take a look at it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nmagdy2017 wrote: »
    Hi All

REALLY NEED HELP
    I have been trying to adjust my bad eating habits and loss weight but I remain to be at the same place for so long now.
    The reason is basicly carbs. All of a sudden I crave them as an addict and eat A LOT. Mostly late at night but it happens in the morning too.
    Any advises to stop this? :'(

how many total calories per day are you consuming?
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Carbs satisfy my hunger. When I don't eat enough carbs, I stay hungry all the time. The trick for me is the get mostly nutrient dense carbs and a small portion from empty carbs because they make me feel good and that's important too.

That's exactly how it works for me too. People are very different.
  • nmagdy2017
    nmagdy2017 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are such an amazing community. Thanks for your willingness to help. To answer all the questions:

My calorie intake is 1300 per day
    Weight: 73 kg
    Height:165 cm
    I am trying to reduce carbs in my daily intake so the distribution is:
    - 45% protin
    - 25% carbs
    - 30% fats. (To be honest, I haven't been keen to get healthy fats).

I started noticing the crave with grapes then my main weak point is bread
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are such an amazing community. Thanks for your willingness to help. To answer all the questions:

My calorie intake is 1300 per day
    Weight: 73 kg
    Height:165 cm
    - 45% protin
    - 25% carbs

I started noticing the crave with grapes then my main weak point is bread

Looks to me like you just need to decrease protein and eat carbs instead. 25% carbs is very little and you're body's telling you it likes them a lot.

There's nothing wrong with eating carbs, so if eating a few will help you stay on track, by all means have some. The extra protein you are getting really should be helping you feel more satiated all day, but I think less will be fine for you. Why don't you give 35%P/35%C/30%F a try and see how it goes. Eat your protein earlier in the day so it helps for the rest of the day. Also consider upping your total calories to 1500 or so. Your deficit is pretty big.

BTW, craving carbs is normal (especially for women) so don't feel like you're on your own.

Many people using what's called a re-feed meal or day, where the carbs are higher than normal. It is supposed to help. It is not a 'cheat day', so let's not call it that. It's just a day where instead of eating more protein, you'll swap it for mostly carbs. Still eat the same total calories. Two advantages possible, one, for 6 days you can do low carb, knowing you'll have a break at day 7 (or so), and also, carbs are good, they give you energy etc., so having them be high once a week or so will be good for your body.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options

- 45% protin
    - 25% carbs

As you first reduce calories, your body will fight back with hunger and you have to hang tough for a few days. Find activities to distract you and it will get better!

As for macro breakdown: no need to eat more than a gram of protein per kg bodyweight. This might give you 73g of protein, which has about 300kcals, or less than 25% of your daily need. The rest should be high-quality fats and carbs which are your main fuel.

When you eat too much protein, it can leave you hungrier than when you fuel-up properly.