100 lbs Lost, Pic heavy, Not wearing a bra.

Options
prdavies1949
prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
Where do I start? Ah well I suppose at the beginning. Unlike many others on MFP I was always as thin as a rake in my youth. In fact in my early 20s I was so thin my nickname in the Royal Navy was “spindle”. In 1982 at the age of 33 I looked like this, maybe 160lbs and 6’2”. I ate what I liked and drank as much as I wanted to. (Booze that is not water).
May1982_zpsaa5711da.jpg
Not long after this photo was taken I stopped my 40 a day cigarette habit. My food now tasted even better and I started to eat for enjoyment, but still no problem. I may have gained a bit round my waist but what the hell, I was still thin.
By 1998 I was at University training to become a teacher and for exercise I was long distance walking anything up to 100 miles non-stop in under 48 hours and I looked like this at 49. I even ran a couple of half marathons.
Nov1998_zps27e006b9.jpg
I could eat and drink as I wanted and did.
Then I discovered wine. Then I discovered gourmet food Then I discovered being a teacher was rewarding but SOOOOOO stressful. Then I discovered that wine and food helped get by.
10 years later and I discovered that my stomach was big enough to use as a TV table for snacks. But in my mind’s eye I was still thin.
24March10_zps62fd5ea5.jpg
Then I retired and took up a new hobby, cooking. I bought all the books and turned into a right little chef. You know the sort of thing, fry off the onions in 4oz butter add half a cup of Extra Virgin Olive oil, throw in the belly pork etc. Huge portions and a bottle of Bordeaux to wash it all down (each) then port with the cheese and a cream pudding. I was in food heaven. But I still felt thin only now I no longer ran or walked long distances in fact I waddled.
I began to be a bit concerned when I got out of breath putting on socks and stairs were a bit of a problem but I was in denial until May 2012 when my wife snuck up on me and took this picture in my garage.
005_zpscfe82a36.jpg
I was horrified. I finally got onto the scales and weighed in at over 320lbs We played at weight loss for a couple of months I think I lost about 15lbs till Sept 9th when this photo was taken, I weighed again and was 306lbs
9Sept12_zpsd23af52f.jpg
6 days later I discovered MFP and the first thing I saw on the forum was the success story of a lady who had lost 100 lbs She looked fantastic I showed it to my wife and we decided that we too could do this and we have not looked back since. Here are the afters
27Jan13_zps97193f70.jpg
This was my First 10k Jan 2013
17March13_zps5b180fad.jpg
April 2013
05May13_zpse0b197cb.jpeg
May 2013
24June13_zpsb2518065.jpg
Finishing my first Half Marathon June 2013
28July13_zps1e703627.jpg
Yesterday 100lbs Lost July 2013
I think that this post is long enough for now, if you want to know how we did it then send a friend request, up till now I haven’t been doing the friend thing but I will be from now on because this is just the beginning not the end.

Replies

• brianna819
    brianna819 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look wonderful! Congratulations on your success
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats on your success.
  • doosht
    doosht Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic - well done!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!!!!
  • Wow, inspirational !
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look fantastic !!!!!!
  • karenrace
    karenrace Posts: 24
    Options
    You are awesome!!!! Way to go!!!! Very inspiring for all of us!
  • Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dude you rock, way to go!!
  • nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome post- you're an inspiration :)
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind messages
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful inspiration you are! I hope you do still have (at times) some lovely bordeaux and gorgeous food to fuel your running! what is life without a little wine and chocolate (or as my husband would add chocolate covered bacon- but he is a marathon runner too so he can say that!)
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    High Five!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great job. You look amazing and look so happy. You told your story nicely too. :flowerforyou:
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Amazing job- you look great!!
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am SO inspired by your story! Thank you for sharing it with us!
  • Scubadivr205
    Scubadivr205 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Nice job man - inspiring!
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing, what a fantastic story!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Good for you!
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    Ex-RN here too. You have done well. I know all about the booze in the navy but I was never a smoker :smile:
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring us all!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!